October 20, 2009

More News on K, Ant and Jail


This is a good news possible bad news but maybe great news report:

Got a letter from Ant today.  I could see him in my mind's eye as I read the words.  He was smiling ear to ear, full of energy and totally excited.  He is getting A PROGRAM instead of hard jail time in prison.  This is great news.  He wants it, he says he's ready...time will tell.

The TWIST to this is that he has no idea K got transferred to TL jail....and guess where Ant will be transferred to soon?  Yep.  And guess what rehab he will be send to?  Yep, PH where K will be living.

Hmmm....the timing will either be so that they just miss each other or could possibly have up to a month or more together with the ability to socialize and hang out (minimum security area).

I think they would encourage each other and help each other - but you know how it is!  I can't even "go on a diet" as the same time as my sister because after a few days of cheering each other on we both decide that a Blizzard from DQ is a must have.

We'll see what happens.  I love my boys.  I just don't want them near each other yet.  Yep, they remind me a little of Tom Sawyer (K) and Huck Finn (Ant) but there's nothing cute about that when you throw heroin in the mix.

10 comments:

Michael said...

Sometimes certain elelments are not desired in our kids lives and sometimes they are. Have you considered what God may want? Have another blizzard, life is too short and too cruel to deny yourself ice cream...

Dad and Mom said...

Just off the cuff, I probably need to think about it some more but I would NOT want them together. I personally can see no good for either of them.

Dad and Mom said...

This is actually troubling to me. If you care for both of them, what I might do is actually call this Phoenix House and speak with a counselor. Advise them of this situation. They may have some concerns or maybe not. I'm not sure they would want two people of that age and that relationship there at the same time, of course that is there call. But I can't really see anything good about this.

Tall Kay said...

I think God is putting together a HUGE miracle for you! Trust and have faith that it will all be good! I am excited for you!

Kansas Bob said...

Loved that Blizzard story Barbara. And was glad to hear about Anthony!

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

Thank you everyone for the comments will be back to answer later...I have to run to DQ for a Blizzard for breakfast :)

Mom of Opiate Addict said...

I am a pretty big beliver in everything happens for a reason and that God has a plan for each of us. Of course it never turns out immediately like we thought it should, but there is a reason for things. I am praying for you and the boys and glad they are getting a recovery program as opposed to straight incarceration time.

Starrlight said...

I think there is a very good chance they could be good for each other =)

Perplexio said...

Given the timing, I tend to agree that this could be a good thing for both Keven and Anthony. If the timing were such that they'd be getting there at roughly the same time I'd probably share the reservations of your parents.

I love DQ Blizzards especially their Coconut Cream Pie Blizzard. My favorite kind of pie mixed with soft serve... can you say, "heaven"?

Syd said...

I hope that is works out. Dad and Mom seem to have a good idea. But maybe God has a plan in all of this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...