October 29, 2009

I Went

I went to a meeting this morning.  I had been to a few other Al-Anon meetings and various other 12 Step groups and everyone is right when they say each group has its own personality.  I felt very much at home at this one.  I think it was about 40 women and 2 men, and most of the people were of retirement age (I felt so young!).  I felt warmly welcomed.  I even TALKED for a minute (have no idea what I said).

I will go back but also want to check out some other meetings too cause there is one right by my house.  AND I am going to meet K (Ant's girlfriend) at an NA meeting once a week starting next week.


ALSO:  K'sdad just called wanting to go see K tomorrow.  I updated him that K has been moved to Lacy (he didn't know that) and gave him directions then I realized K had said he did NOT want to see his dad from jail again.  Ooops.  Oh well, too bad.  I think its great that his dad is finally stepping up and I don't want to discourage that.  K will just have to deal with it, the fact is - he's in jail.  If he's embarrassed about that, well, that's one of the many consequences.

Hopefully he won't be too shocked since he's expecting ME to show up tomorrow.  I'll go Saturday.

10 comments:

Tall Kay said...

I am so glad you went to a meeting. It seems so scary to go to a new meeting, but then we always seem to feel right at home! It's such a good feeling to know you're not alone! Keep coming back!

Starrlight said...

I'm glad the meeting helped!

Mom of Opiate Addict said...

Good for you. I am glad it was a positive experience and that there are so many meeting options to choose from in your area. I wish we had that access but what we do have will work, if I work it;)

dadonfire said...

Keep your chin up Barbara. I feel your pain. There is just so much that can be shared. Appreciate your compliments on my press today. Dadonfire.

dadonfire said...

Keep your chin up Barbara. I feel your pain. There is just so much that can be shared. I appreciate your compliments to the Tucson Weekly press - Dadonfire.

Annette said...

I'm glad you went. It has helped me more than anything else.

Midnitefyrfly said...

Glad to hear you went and felt welcomed.

LisaC said...

Although I've not done Al-Anon meetings, I've been pretty regular at family meetings at the BMC, where Bryan went for detox and outpatient treatment. You are not alone in this evil world of addiction and meeting up with others that have experienced exactly the same things you have allows you to feel a little safe and not embarrassed. Keep going!

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

Thank you everyone for the encouragement and suggestions :)

Syd said...

I too am glad that you went. As they say, keep coming back. You will hear what you need to hear in time. Have a good Friday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...