October 27, 2009

Prodigal Daughter

For years I had a blog called "Prodigal Daughter" where I talked about my spiritual journey as a Christian, and my ever growing doubts about the validity of The Bible.  I worked for one of the largest Christian ministries in the world for over 16 years.  It was a very conservative, evangelical organization and I fit right in for the first ten years but then slowly started questioning everything.  I got so discouraged seeing so much judgmentalism, racism, homophobia, hyper-critical attitudes, cheating, lying and stealing, etc.  I had to remind myself that Christians are just humans, God was not like that, etc. etc.  But I also started to get upset at God's choice to not answer any of my life long prayers.  I began to question all the contradictions in the Bible, the violence, the hate, the war, the icnest and rape and murder.  It made me sick.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...