February 26, 2010

Comments = Strings


I was just re-reading some old posts and comments.   I was going to link back to old posts from when Kev was deep into his addiction, but I will save that for another day.

Today I just want to quote myself from my music blog and say:

A blog without comments is like a guitar without strings.

The guitar without strings has potential.  They come in all styles and colors and some are works of art and craftsmanship, in other words, they are nice to look at and can easily be appreciated to someone who has never heard a guitar being played.

But add the strings (comments) and the guitar becomes complete.  In the right a guitar can create so many a stirring and unique sounds, its endless!   Comments make a blog come alive with conversation and viewpoints.


So thanks for adding your "strings" to my guitar.  We don't always share the same views (taste in music) but we all want harmony.



Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

4 comments:

LisaC said...

Barbara, this "rings" true to me, because I posted for about 6 months before I found this community, and the community found me. And although I always felt better by putting my thoughts, fears, concerns, anxiety, etc., in words; the feedback (comments) changed everything when they started coming in.

"We don't always share the same views (taste in music) but we all want harmony." I really love this!

Bristolvol said...

This is a good metaphor. We are a community and I am so glad I am a part of it. I really appreciate all the comments I receive. Nobody knows better than my friends here what each of us is going through.

Dad and Mom said...

You are right. There is much wisdom from those that read and comment. I cannot describe the appreciation I have for those that read my blog and comment.

So much wisdom out there and it is all for the taking by just opening yourself up to others.

That gets me to a pet peeve. So many treat addiction as something to be ashamed of and try to hide it away and keep it quiet. That's how this monster grows. Thanks to that are brave enough to stand up and be honest with themselves and the world.

Kathy M. said...

I agree! Thanks for making music with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...