February 17, 2010

I Have to Say This

Sometimes as I read the blogs out there I feel bad that things are going good for us right now.  You know what I mean?  Its like how can I report such positive news about my son when there are parents in agony over their addicted children?


I am aware that things could change any minute.  That Keven (or more likely, Anthony, again) could pick up a needle.  I am prepared to deal with that if it happens.  But for today I can't hide my joy, my relief, my HOPE.


Please, if you read here and you are going through hell with your loved one, I want you to know I care, I cry almost every day (today over DD2 from Her Big Sad).  

If Keven, who was totally out of control, using daily, stealing, lying, hanging out in motels using for days as people OD'd around him, etc., has hope - then there is hope for your addict too.  It took jail and mental health evaluation and Phoenix House to reach Keven, and as I said before, he could relapse at any moment.  

Please know - it is possible to see that person inside your addict that you thought was gone.  I see my son again...the good person, not the abusive, selfish, wild addict whose life revolved around heroin.


I care and no matter what I will always be praying.




Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

16 comments:

Her Big Sad said...

God bless you and K and Ant! I love the way the ships crossed, I love that he likes his P.O. That can be a huge plus!

I will continue praying!

:) Hugs!

Anna said...

Thanks Barbara,

You have a good heart and deserve good things in life. I am not bitter or jealous of you. I am happy that all is well for you today. Every day of sobriety is a miracle as far as I am concerned.

~ Tabitha ~ said...

{{Thank you for sharing}}

Sherry said...

Barbara - Please don't feel bad when good things happen for you and Keven! You've helped many people and as you said it gives hope to people for their children. All of you are still in my prayers!

Heather's Mom said...

It's important for all of us to hear positive posts. We share in your joy. I love hearing about good things :)

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

We all love to hear the good news, it gives us all hope. I am so very happy you have Keven home and are getting to see his true self again.

justLacey said...

Your good news gives others hope. I will continue to wish for the best for you and Keven. Today is the big day!

Sue said...

Oh, you're sweet and considerate even in the midst of your joy.

You know, if you think about how when you're in a bad space and reading about someone else's joy makes you happy (even if maybe it sometimes makes you feel self-pity or anger or jealousy or any one of those negative emotions, if you're anything like me), there is still always happiness for others even if the emotions are mixed.

And really, I think more often than we know our joy and happiness is like OXYGEN for people who are not feeling that at the moment, who are struggling. It gives us hope. I can't think of anything more wonderful.

I'm so glad you are feeling like this. Enjoy, darling chicky!! :)

Sue said...

Oh, you're sweet and considerate even in the midst of your joy.

You know, if you think about how when you're in a bad space and reading about someone else's joy makes you happy (even if maybe it sometimes makes you feel self-pity or anger or jealousy or any one of those negative emotions, if you're anything like me), there is still always happiness for others even if the emotions are mixed.

And really, I think more often than we know our joy and happiness is like OXYGEN for people who are not feeling that at the moment, who are struggling. It gives us hope. I can't think of anything more wonderful.

I'm so glad you are feeling like this. Enjoy, darling chicky!! :)

A Mom's Serious Blunder said...

Don't feel bad...it gives me such hope for my son!

Lou said...

We all know what time it is, Barbara..no need to explain. One day happy, the next day.. who knows. We have all learned the hard way to be in the good moments when we can. If the worst happens, I want to have lots of smiles and laughs stored up in my heart.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Barbara...you are a wonderful human being...just saying

Kansas Bob said...

So great to read good news Barbara! Rejoicing with you in the now!

Elizabeth Ann said...

This is a great story.. be happy..!! You deserve it. Take this reprieve and enjoy and relax and give thanks. (hugs to Keven and you)

Syd said...

Barbara, I'm glad that you are having some moments of joy and hope. I wish that you could keep those feelings inside regardless of the circumstances surrounding you. It is possible.

Tonjia said...

Phenomenal progress. Very, very, happy for you. love,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...