February 5, 2010

Update - Good Stuff

I've been so happy all day!  I've been very aware of the feeling since its not something I experience all that often lately.  And physically it was a rough day (tinnitus really flared up LOUD).


I can't pinpoint the exact reason for the happy, light mood but I am grateful for it.  Its sort of a sense that good things are happening, that there is promise in the future, that for today all is well with my world.


Anthony stopped by today and relieved my fear that he'd been out using (I sneaked a look at his arms and hands, they looked good).  I think he may be up to something (drinking?) but didn't go there.  It was just nice that he showed his face and let me see that's he's fine.


Saw K at Family Group tonight.  It was one of  his friend's last night and so the young man and his mom sat in front of the room and shared and answered questions.  That will be me and K NEXT THURSDAY NIGHT!  I can't believe he only has a little over a week left!  I'm going to miss it there,  but he will be "Living Out" which means he will still go to meetings etc. a few times per week.


ENJOY the good moments.  
Don't question them, just take 'em when they come and savor them.


Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

10 comments:

Michael said...

Times like this should be treasured. At another time perhaps when things are ruff, reflect on these precious moments. They are yours, no one can take them from you. Happy for you.

Lou said...

To me, being clean means not doing anything, including drinking. Total abstinence, but you know that. As a matter of fact, addicts will often switch to another addiction depending on what they are getting tested for, if their drug of choice is available, how much money they have, etc.

I'm so happy to hear K is getting aftercare!

Kathy M. said...

I'm glad to hear that you had a happy day. I always thought those bright spots were little gifts from God to keep up going.

Good luck with the family group!

Sherry said...

All of you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Barbara said...

Thanks, Michael!

Lou - I agree with you COMPLETELY and Ant knows (and agrees) with this. We've had the conversation many times about how one drink can inhibit you enough to have one more and the next thing you know your up in Santa Ana buying H. I am concerned for him. And I don't want K and him hanging out.

Thanks Kathy and Sherry, I am thinking of you too!

Heather's Mom said...

Praise God :) It is so good to hear you happy - I can almost see the spring in your step! lol

Nice you just enjoyed the time with A instead of dwelling on if he is drinking or something. His behavior was good toward you, so I'm glad you appreciated it was nice he came by. (I don't KNOW, but I would guess if he was on something he wouldn't want to "stop by 'mom's' house".)

One week (well, less now!) - how awesome. Time seems to go so slow, and then it is here.

Run with the moment! I'm so pleased you got a good day in!
Love & huggs :)

justLacey said...

I am glad you are feeling good. I agree we should enjoy it while we get the chance.

Anna said...

I am happy for you Barbara. You deserve some happiness every single day.

Barbara said...

Hi Heather's Mom, I need to get caught up with you.

Lacey, yes - kind of like what you say when you sign all your emails, I can't think of the exact phrase right now but I love it.

Thank you, Anna, so do you !

Elizabeth Ann said...

Sorry about ANT.. hard to see young folks .. the drinking leads to drugs again. (hugs)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...