February 14, 2010

Final Prep for His Arrival Home:


1.   Get rid of beer in the house (used it for a hair rinse, makes hair shiny)
2.   Get rid of other alcohol (hide the cooking Brandy, drink the Baileys)
3.   Lock up Daisy's syringes in box and hide key (Daisy is one of our dog's)
4.   Make small welcome home sign for his bedroom door
5.   Continue loving support
6.   Apply knowledge, intuition and boundaries
7.   Acknowledge fear and worry - then drop like a hot potato
8.   Accept words of wisdom and support
9.   Remember difference between "helping, fixing and serving"
10. Never give up hope and believing in him



Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

10 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

I especially loved #10!

Sherry said...

I'm sure you have many emotions coursing through you with his anticipated homecoming! You are armed with more knowledge and insight for this new chapter!

I just said a prayer for you, Keven and Ant!!

Syd said...

I am hoping all goes well.

Walkingborder (Karen) said...

Seems like a good to do list to me. I'm proud of you for #7.

Anna said...

God bless you and keep you. I hope that your good deeds and good heart start coming back to you through his recovery.

Midnitefyrfly said...

cheers to new chapter :)

justLacey said...

Wishing you and Kevin success and much happiness.

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

Boy time really does fly, seems like yesterday you and I met via blogland! I love your list and would only add #11, live in the present moment, don't project, stay in the moment. I am happy for you and will continue to pray for K, Ant and of course you. Much love!

A mom's Serious Blunder said...

Prayers and hope vibes being sent your way!

Elizabeth Ann said...

Hugs..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...