February 21, 2010

Mothers of Sons Worry About Pregnancy Too

Geez.  I am doing good at not worrying about my son using drugs.  So of course, I need SOMETHING serious to worry about right?  Without going into too much detail, I'll just say there is a woman that has been "after" my son for a few months.  She is older and has three kids.  I would love to forbid him from seeing her, but he's 19, he's doing everything that's excpected of him at the moment, how can I?

I've reminded him how easy it is for a girl (she's 26, he's 19) to get pregnant and the repercussions of being a father at this age.  He says "I KNOW, MOM!".

I believe its a woman's responsibility to keep herself from getting pregnant - you can't rely on the man for something that importnat, if you want to be sure, take the pill (or something).

I also believe its a man's responsibility to keep himself from getting a woman pregnant.  If you don't want to get a girl pregnant, don't count on her, YOU need to wear a condom etc.

In other words - its personal responsibility on both sides.  I don't know why I am sharing this, but they are HERE, I can here them talking and giggling and although I love the sound of my son's laugh, I am not comfortable with this older WOMAN taking such an interest in him.









Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...