February 7, 2010

Simple Things for Haiti

This weekend, Chris, over at Enchanted Oak has issued a challenge to all bloggers. For every blogger who posts a list of the simple things that make them happy, she will donate $2.00 to Heartline Ministriesin Haiti.

Here's the rules...copied directly from her blog:

Post your piece this weekend and include a link to my blog. Then pop in here to say you’ve posted your “Simple Things.” Post by midnight, Pacific time, Sunday, and don’t forget to link with me and notify me that you’ve posted. You can borrow the “Simple Things” photo. If you don’t have a blog, a comment on my blog will count too if you tell me so.

Simple things that make me happy:

- my son's smile
- Friday lunches with Lauren and Virginia
- my pets
- hot shower with black currant and vanilla body wash
- the birds that gather in my back yard
- my warm fuzzy blanket
- memories of my son's childhood
- my great-nephew Wyatt




Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

5 comments:

Ruby said...

Barbara,
I have just found your blog and it has already given me things to think about today. Your list of simple things is so good and basic. I find myself getting so wrapped up in the worries about my son that I don't stop and enjoy the simple things that bring so much pleasure to my life. Today I will take time to remember them.

And boundaries vs rules. So true. This horrible addiction that has afflicted my son is taking me on a journey about myself. Why did it take this to wake me up?

Love, Peace and Recovery for us all,

Elizabeth Ann said...

nice TEN. :)

Kansas Bob said...

I like your list Barbara. I followed the challenge too. It is a great idea.

Syd said...

Great list Barbara. I like That we all have so many simple things in common. Have a great day.

Enchanted Oak said...

We do have a great deal in common, cherishing many of the same things. Does it get any better than children, birds, blankets, and hot showers? Oh, it does? Oh, what a joy to be alive! Thanks for being part of my day, Barbara.
Chris from Enchanted Oak

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...