February 13, 2010

I said no...

Ant came over today.  He asked if he could stay here a few days (his grandparents kicked him out again).  I said no.

I saw bruises on his arm.  He admitted he'd used.

He cried in my arms and said he didn't want to use anymore.

If Keven wasn't coming home in a few days I would have let him stay here, right or wrong.  But no way can he stay.  Just seeing those bruises would send Keven into a horrible place.  

Ant has two weeks till there's a bed open.  Two weeks is a long time when you have nothing to do and be in constant temptation.  No where to sleep, no friends to hang out with.  I am not blaming the system for his problems, I am just saying that the system is broken.  He's a wreck.  He looks bad.  I am scared.  There is nothing I can do.  I hate this.

(artwork by Nico)

P.S.  Now he's out in our driveway washing his gf's car listening to Pink Floyd:

Come in here, Dear boy, have a cigar.
You're gonna go far,
You're gonna fly high,
You're never gonna die,
You're gonna make it, if you try;
They're gonna love you.
Well I've always had a deep respect,
And I mean that most sincere.
The band is just fantastic,
that is really what I think.
Oh by the way, which one's Pink?


Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

12 comments:

Elizabeth Ann said...

Poor kid.. but he is going downhill.... and you have to concentrated on Keven.

Poor kid. (hugs Barbara) I know this was rough on you..since you love him as a son.

You don't need this.. or your sister and mother..

Things could get worse.. undesirable people coming to look for him if he owes money and on and on and on..

Poor kid.

Barbara said...

Thanks, Ms. Hen. Its so sad. He's just a kid.

Kelli F. said...

I am so sorry for your heartache...same situation going on in our lives...has totaly turned our family upside down. I ache for you.

God bless you!

~ Tabitha ~ said...

I hear your fear Barb.Let that boy know you understand this must be hard for him but that you believe in him.Sometimes the best thing we can do is let our kids learn on their own,with a bit of faith in them they can learn to believe in themselves.Being sick from addiction can play with their minds-But not their hearts..
xo

Anna said...

Stay strong Barbara. He can always go to the Salvation Army or a shelter.

Syd said...

I too am sorry about the choices he made. It is really too bad. I think that you did what needed to be done.

Garnet said...

Hugs (((())))

Kathy M. said...

This sounds very hard. Ant is lucky to have someone who continues to care, even when he stumbles. I'll keep you Ant and Keven in my prayers.

justLacey said...

This is very sad, but chances are that even when he gets into treatment he will fail again. It is a sad scenario. Keep him away from Keven. I don't know if he is strong enough to deal with that drama at this point. Keep Keven focused and going to his support groups.

Lou said...

The odds against them are very overwhelming. That is one reason why it takes so many trys. There are places he can sleep and eat however, and every drug user knows where they are.

Kansas Bob said...

Heart breaks for him but my heart rejoices in your strength. Hang in there Barbara.

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

Oh Barbara, this breaks my heart. You did the right thing, hard as it was. Remember, addicts are very resiliant and it takes ALOT to live the life of seeking drugs, getting the drugs, doing the drugs, etc. It is a tough road, but one that many recover from. As always in my prayers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...