February 11, 2010

Final Family Group Tonight!

For the last three months I've spent every Thursday night at Phoenix House for Family Group/Visiting.  Tonight will be our last time there!  Keven comes home in FIVE DAYS.


Last week when it was someone's final night the resident and his mother had to sit in front of the whole group and answer questions.  Then they had whoever wanted to line up and tell the person what they liked about them and what they were going to miss.


Phoenix House has been an incredible experience for Kev.  I am cautiously optimistic about his recovery.  Actually that's not true:  I am hopefully optimistic.  I think the biggest strike against his recovery will be boredom and not being able to find a job.


Both those topics were covered by other bloggers today so be sure to check these out:


Addict in Our Son's Bedroom


and


Awakening in Love




Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

3 comments:

Midnitefyrfly said...

I cannot believe how fast this has seemed. I am so happy for you both and I cannot wait to hear about how it goes!!!!

Anna said...

I can't believe it is your last family meeting. Best of luck to you both.

Elizabeth Ann said...

Hope for the BEST.. enjoy his being Clean .. just for today (my mentor always says). enjoy today. Praying for KEVEN..

He has the best mom.. a great new room .. a wonderful aunt.. and grandmother..and so forth..

He is so cute too.....he'll get a job with that cute face easily..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...