November 13, 2009

Flaws in Our Justice System...from my limited but personal perspective

I am disappointed in the way things work in our courts and jails.  I'm not an expert, but I have spent about 96 hours in courtrooms over the last year (just did the math!). 

Here is what I see:

1.  Its all about the money.  If you have money to pay an attorney you get treated like your important and are given special consideration.  If you are assigned a public defender you are treated like you are "less than".  AND if you have a public defender and are in custody - forget about it, you are the lowest level possible.

Today I sat in on come court proceedings that have nothing to do with my son.  I was there being "ears" for someone else.  The case has been dragging on for about two years. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...