November 20, 2009

Thanks, Ladies!

I got two blog awards this week! I feel very thankful for both of them! 

This one is from Renee at Mom of Opiate Addicted Son. Thinking about her, and so many of you, brings a tear to my eye. I don't know how I'd get through this journey without the support of my blog friends!




I will pass this one along to:








This one is from Shawna at My Sacred Insanity. She's a kindred spirit and someone I have a ton of admiration for! I thank her for including me in this:




The rules are as follows:
1. Thank whoever gave this to you
2. Copy award
3. Post it in your blog
4. Tell us 7 things that your readers don’t know about you
5. Link 7 new bloggers
6. Notify winners of the award with a comment on their blog
7. Keep being awesome!

I will pass this one along to:









Okay, now for the hard part.  7 things no one knows about me...my life is such an open book.  I will try to think of positive and or "fun" things:

1.  I play a mean tambourine and was once in a rock band
2.  When I was in high school I was "the girl with the long hair" (it was just above my knees! I know - how embarrassing!)
3.   I got to meet Stevie Ray Vaughan after a concert once and of all the musicians I've met over the years, it was the most meaningful, I knew I was in the presence of greatness (not to mention he was a recovered addict!)
4.  I've been doing both yoga and tai chi but can't decide which I like better
5.  For K's 18th birthday last year I got his name tattooed on my ankle - he said it was the best present I ever got him :)
6.  When I was a kid, I wanted to be a librarian when I grew up.
7.  I'm single and open to meeting nice men if you know any that live in CA.  Age range:  40 - 55

13 comments:

Sherry said...

Barbara - I am also very blessed to have found you and the others! Thank you for the award and I will continue to pray for you and Keven!

Midnitefyrfly said...

Thank you so much for the award! and even more for being you. I just cannot express how much you mean to me.

Mom of Opiate Addict said...

Thank you so much for the award. I will pass it along and try hard to come up with 7 things. Thank you for all the wonderful support and kindness.

Lou said...

Stevie Ray?!? That is awesome. My husband has a framed picture of his guitar, and it says RIP at the bottom. I saw Jimi Hendrix at his last concert before he died. He was so stoned, he could not even stand up, and ended up staggering off the stage mid concert. It is a very sad memory

Tall Kay said...

We are all so blessed to have found the love and support here! Who would have ever thought? Thanks for the award. It's always nice to be thought of. Loved your list...good luck on finding a "nice man in CA"! :o)

Sherry said...

I left you a blog award! I love the tatoo!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Roxy said...

Congrats on the awards, Barbara... so very well deserving you are. This is Dreamdancer, I moved my blog home to a new address. Come visit when you can. Love and peace, Roxy (aka Dreamdancer)

Sue said...

Thank you darling BBQ! Um ... I don't know what to do with it seeing I have said goodbye on my blog! Do you want to pass it onto someone else instead?

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

Sherry, thanks so much. I just read your answers they were so FUN!

Midnite, back at ya, Beautiful!

Mom, and thank you too. Looking forward to your 7 things.

Lou - YOU SAW JIMI's last show!!! That is a true historic moment. Your husband might like my blog about all the musicians who have died its called Gone But Not Forgotten: http://laylasclassicrick2.blogspot.com/

Kay...Yeah I know! Are there any nice SINGLE men in CA? Sigh.

Lisa, you're an inspiration too, I think its a mutual thing for all of us. If you ever need tech help with blogging email me!!! I've been doing it "forever".

Roxy, I can't wait to check out your new blog! I'm going there next.

Sue - I am wearing black today in mourning of Disconbobula....

Sue said...

Awww, thanks

Sue said...

Why is number 2 embarassing? I thnk being "the girl with the long hair" would be quite delightful. Far better than being "the girl with the horrendous growth on the side of her face" or "the girl who always smells of urine"

4. So you have still been doing yoga? That's cool. I think I am at the very point where I start to lose weight. That scares me as much as it delights me. Weird, huh? I would like to hear about your tai chi experience if you feel like you want to share.

6. Nerd :P

Heather's Mom said...

Barbara, thank you for the award :) God Bless.

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

Sue, tai chi is more fun but it was bothering my back so i can't really do it :( i am very sensitive cause of my fibro etc which sucks.

being called "girl with long hair" was cool, its just looking back at how dang long it was...like ridiculous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...