November 19, 2009

YES!

Got a call from PH.  She's on her way to pick K up at Lacy AND she invited me and my sis to meet them back at PH for the intake so we can see him for the first time in 89 days!  Hug him, touch him!  I had no idea parents were invited to this.  His PO told me to distance myself so I actually told her that I might not come up there --- but I can't miss this opportunity!

Then tonight Family Group happens so I will see him again.

I am a nervous - how will he react?  He better be happy to see me!!!

6 comments:

Syd said...

Barb, just keep expectations low. I hope that all goes well.

Lou said...

You will find family night to be a positive, eye opening experience I think.

Dad and Mom said...

Go and I say bask in his first step. Only you know how long a journey it will be but believe in Keven.

Be sure to do that. Walk up to him and after all the chat make sure you tell him eye to eye, seriously.

"Keven, I believe in you."

Rygel said...

I agree with Syd... but am glad for the good news also... hoping for more

Mom of Opiate Addict said...

I am so happy you will be able to hug your son and excited to hear about family night so please share that experience with me. I also agree with the others on expecations, should only have expectations of ourselves and event those can get sticky, so keep them low if none at all. Hoping today goes smooth.

Sherry said...

I hope it goes well! You both are in my thoughts/prayers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...