November 5, 2009

Jailhouse Haircut

UPDATE!  Ant called tonight and I told him about the haircut and my concerns about the razor blade.  He assured me that the blades are not the normal kind, they are very flimsy and have holes in them....but still they were sharp enough to cut hair...I feel a bit better, but not much.  Just don't want other mom's to worry about this (we have enough to worry about!)


Talked to K today, he was doing much better, I need to remember to take whatever he says with a grain of salt...positive or negative.  Actions speak louder than words.


BUT THIS IS WILD:

I asked him how he managed to get a haircut in there and he said "my cellie took apart a disposable razor and used it to give me a haircut".


What?  It seems a bit scary to me that prisoners have such easy access to what could be used at a deadly weapon.

But also - my son has very thick long hair - I can't imagine the amount of work it took to cut it with a little razor blade!  He said it took two hours!!  It looked choppy, but not bad, considering.

4 comments:

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Yeah, that's definitely scary. Don't you feel like, um... hasn't anyone else thought about the potential danger?

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

Linda, EXACTLY! They talk about making shanks out of all sorts of things then they let them just have a razor?

Tall Kay said...

Oh great! One more thing for a mom to worry about. I am shocked as well. There has to be some foul play in the WHOLE story. I think it shows some maturity that he wanted it cut before he went to court, don't you think?

Syd said...

It sounds like a dangerous weapon to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...