November 4, 2009

Losing Part of Me

This week I shut down a blog I've had for about five years.  Its changed names a few times, but believe it or not some of the original readers were still there, people that have become like family.  My son was only 13 when I started blogging!  (do all mom's gauge things by the age their kids were?  I do).

It was hard to shut it down and let it go because it was my place to talk about anything:  humor, my thoughts, controversial topics, news, whatever.  I will miss that.  My reason for letting it go was because it was connected to my full name.  If you put Barbara L_____ in Google there was my blog.  I want to protect my son's anonymity and I don't want any perspective employers reading my blog before they even meet me, you know how people can pre-judge you.

I also have (had?:) one of the top classic rock blogs on the entire Internet - and I have basically ignored it.  Between my son and my recent relationship break up I just can't get in the mood to write about music, that scares me because its always been my passion.  

I'm really going to miss having a blog to talk and share but I guess there's always Facebook.  This blog has a purpose so I don't want to turn it into something its not.  Its not really about me.  Its about Keven and what its like to parent an addict.

I am going to be sharing a lot more of his story in the days to come.  How he got where he is today, all the things I ignored and should not have.  I will share posts I wrote last year at this time that, in hindsight, were cries for help from him and big time denial from me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...