November 30, 2009

I Get to Spend Time with Him Tomorrow

== Summary == Photo of a fourth-generation App...Image via Wikipedia
Its been recommended that K have a visit with his personal doctor for a med check, no big deal, that's standard.

But - what it means to me is that I will be picking him up, driving him down here, possibly waiting for a new RX to be filled, then driving him back.  I don't think he's allowed to "hang out" or stop by home or go shopping or whatever, I am assuming this is being allowed strictly to get him to and from the Dr.

I'm trying to find out for sure, maybe it would be okay to stop at home for a few minutes....we'll drive right by it twice.  UPDATE:  that would be a "NO" for sure on stopping home.  Oh good, my "no" hasn't been tested in awhile this will be good practice.  Of course he may not even ask to stop at home, in which case I will be very impressed and totally shocked.

This will be the first one on one alone time we've had (other than jail visits) for a long time.  I am putting some of his fave songs on my iPod since he hasn't listened to music for months (hey, doesn't that violate our "no cruel or unusual punishment law?).

Some parents may be offended or hurt if their kid wanted to listen to music in this situation rather than carry on a conversation, but I have to say:  That's my boy!!!!  
Plus, we can talk when he has his my earbuds in :)


(for those who don't know me well, music is my passion.  I have a blog about classic rock which has taken the back burner but is slowly sparking back to life....)

Remind me to do a post on drug addiction/rock and roll one of these days.  Sigh.

Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

8 comments:

steveroni said...

"Remind me to do a post on drug addiction/rock and roll one of these days. Sigh."

Well, Drug addiction is a life or death issue.

Rock and Roll...ooooh, gosh...is IT a life and death issue also?

Barbara said...

Hi Steve, no rock and roll is not a life and death issue unless you are referring to the many rock musicians who died of heroin overdoses.

Tracy said...

We broke every rule because we weren't told & didn't think to ask (like you did)! When we stopped to get his prescription filled (PH has a delivery service), S. asked if he could buy some seeds to plant. Sounded reasonable as his "job" there was grounds crew. Of course he picked out Morning Glory seeds & I didn't realize until the next day... I called, he tryed to flush them in a panic, & we all learned how amazingly subtle, automatic & deeply embedded our behaviors are... :)

Lou said...

I know how much that time means to you. Enjoy;)

Michael said...

Enjoy your time with K. Music often speaks to our soul and calms us in times of trouble.

Barbara said...

Tracy, I know my son too well. We will want to come home and use the excuse that he wants to see his grandmother (we live with her, she helped me raise him, he loves her and it would be a legitimate reason to stop home). BUT, I am not breaking any rules and he needs to see that now. I have been very weak in the past, he knows it, I know it. So keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer for use today :0 THANK YOU!

Barbara said...

Lou, thanks. I can't believe its only five days left for Andrew...I hope you wrote today I will go check.

Michael, thank you so much, music is one of my passions. K and I have different taste but I have a few things on my Pod that he will tolerate and I have some of his music on there too.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Most excellent you two get to spend a little time alone...

Stay strong...NO is important...

MUSIC? I have said before if I had to choose I would choose hearing over sight - to never hear music again...to sooth my soul...to enlighten me...to make me joyful...

YES TO MUSIC

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...