April 19, 2010

Even more anger

I am scared.
Not to the point of calling the police or anything, but I will if I have to.  He finally told me that three weeks ago he woke up feeling the same way he used to feel when he was on drugs.  He is barely able to control himself but is trying.  We have another urgent appt. with his dr. tomorrow but last week's obviously didn't help.  He says he's taking his meds but I know he stopped one (on drs. approval).  Why does he have to suffer this way?  I blamed it all on the drugs but so much of it is the mental illness...which is means its with him for life even if he stays off drugs.

Why does life have to be like this?

I feel sick.  I don't know what to do.  I am trying not to worry.  I just don't know what he's capable of doing.  He is aware that he doesn't want to be this way.  I see it in his eyes - he's even more scared than me.





Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

7 comments:

SilverNeurotic said...

Is hospitalization possible? At least until this episode passes?

Her Big Sad said...

I'm glad he's seeing a doctor tomorrow, just in case there's a correlation between stopping one med, and his current well-being. I am praying his dark time passes, and fast! Don't forget: Take care of you, my friend!

Syd said...

It sounds as if he is having a major depressive episode. I hope that the doctor will be able to help him. Please take care of yourself. If you don't know what he is capable of and fear violence or harm, then do call the police.

~ Tabitha ~ said...

First off,you said that he is trying.
That is huge.Second,keep seeking options to treat his depression outside of just the medication perhaps?Acupuncture,cognitive therapy?And keep trusting his process.I would imagine your son is still trying to accept his mental health issues along with the addiction.That isn't easy for anyone to accept,but again,he is trying.
THAT is what is most important for today.I hear and understand your fears deeply,Barbara.Keep trying to inhale deeply and exhale,ask your HP for extra strength with a side of serenity.
Thank you for sharing.
xo

Josh said...

Hey Barbara-

I'm going to say a special prayer for you and Keven tonight. I hope things don't get out of hand to the point where you need to call the police, and I deeply hope that things calm down and and tranquility returns to both yours AND Keven's mind.

Praying for you both,
Josh

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

As you know, I have a brother that is bipolar, so I know how much this just plain sucks. I am sorry and I hope things even out really soon. Keep safe.

Anna said...

Barbara,

Take care of you no matter what! I think it is good that he aknowledges his feelings and has asked to see two doctors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...