April 29, 2010

A Year Ago

I just looked back at an old blog post, prior to when I had one dedicated solely to Keven's addiction/recovery.  A year ago this week:

- I was complaining about how much I hated my job (got laid off two weeks later)

- Keven broke into the gun safe so I removed all of the guns from our house

- Keven stole money from me and smoked heroin in his room.  I was hanging out in his room with him last night, its neat.  It smells okay.  He had nothing in there hiding (I still search it when he's not around).

- I bought a plane ticket to Wisconsin to go visit a guy I thought was "the one" obviously that didn't work out.

- I finally told Keven's dad about his drug problem.  He never called again.  I waited another five months to call him and tell him Keven was in jail and he finally got a clue and decided to man up and they have been in contact ever since.

- My co-workers were slamming Obama in the lunchroom saying racist things about him and putting him down cause he went golfing.  They were comparing him to Tiger Woods because of their ethnicity.  One said "well at least Tiger married a white woman".  I have no idea what that meant by that.  I am SO GLAD I don't work around people like them anymore!

So what were you doing a year ago?

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

10 comments:

Bristolvol said...

Well, let's see, a year ago, hubby and I just got back from a week of vacation in Cancun. It was wonderful. I was thinking that on Mother's Day it will be a year that I last heard from my daughter. Well, now it's almost two years. I booked my flight to Germany for July to see my Dad for his birthday on August 1, and I did that again last night. I can't remember anything else.

Syd said...

I was probably thinking about my mother's birthday which is tomorrow. It always makes me a little sad. Plus, I was reading your blog!

SilverNeurotic said...

One year at this time I was adjusting to living on my own with my best friend. If I had known how bad that would end up I would have run away.

Dad and Mom said...

Waiting for Mom to get back from mexico and wondering what I was going to do with all of those Swine Flu germs she was bringing with her.

Sherry said...

I was in Peru hiking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. J had just been arrested in March.

justLacey said...

A year ago... I began watching my life fall apart due to an anonymous letter full of lies.

Lauren said...

Barb,I'm so glad you don't work there anymore too! Its sad to say that, but I know its a weight off your shoulders.

I hope all is well. Thanks for blogging about You & Kev. I love to read these. And I love you both.
~LD

Kristi (Jake's Mom) said...

A year ago I had just marked my 1st trimester of pregnancy with my 3rd child (I was 45!!). Good news is, he is a happy, healthy 6 month old today and we couldn't be more blessed! A year ago is about the time my oldest son's life began to derail once again....today he's working, yet again, on cleaning up that mess...it seems to be a cycle with him. I'm learning to take the good with the bad....life on life's terms!! Now if my 19 year old could just figure that out! Barbara, it sounds like you've really grown in this past year - good for you!! I love all of these blogs I've discovered...you are all a God send for me!!

Barbara said...

Lacey, I was wondering how things were going with that. Its an ugly, horrible experience no one should have to endure. I'm sorry you're going through it.

Lauren!!! You wrote on my blog! :) That makes my day. I love you so much!

Jacob's Mom, thank you so much for coming by here and leaving the comment. I admire you having a child at that age, I don't think I could have done it but I bet it will keep you young! I hope your 19 year old, and mine, will "get it" someday soon.

LisaC said...

Barbara, what a great question...a year ago, I was blogging, but I had not found this community yet; so I really wrote mostly for my own therapy, and to keep a few key friends informed. Bryan was 4 months clean; after a rocky year, and I thought we were through the worst of it. Of course, there were several relapses thereafter. When I think about it, I was still so uninformed and very very codependent. What a year it has been!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...