December 29, 2009

Call me crazy....I don't care



I love Bruce Springsteen.


I've followed his career since the 70's, long before anyone out west really "knew" him (had a friend from Jersey who turned my sister on to his music).  


I've seen him in concert every time he's been to Southern California since 1981 (20 so far).  I admire him for many reasons, but its mostly about the music:  his passion for writing and performing meaningful songs about real life. His music has provided the sound track to my life, changing and evolving through the decades but never losing its ability to touch me in and make me feel alive.



So I decided, what the heck, I think I'll write him and inform him of the opiate/heroin epidemic that is spreading across HIS country.  His kids are teenagers, if he doesn't know about this stuff, he should.  I want to tell him about my son, and your kids.   

I want him to use his voice to bring awareness and make a difference. And, I believe he'll help, I honestly do.... if he ever gets the letter, that's just how he is.  Now I have to figure out how to get the letter to him, I guess via his manager or agent.  I will keep trying till I hear from him.


So that's my crazy thing I'm going to do.  I'll let you know when he gets back to me.



UPDATE ON K:  He's not doing so well.  They have him on some new meds, took him off all his old ones.  I want to trust that this doctor is good and that she knows what she's doing.  I am working really hard at staying in the moment and not worrying.


Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

P.S.  Those are just a few of my ticket stubs, if you click on them check out the PRICES we used to pay for concerts.  Its outrageous what we pay now.  Never bring up "Ticketmaster" in front of me unless you want to see me get on my soapbox about the unfairness of their practices, another thing Bruce cares about and has spoken out on.

8 comments:

justLacey said...

So scary to think of. How do we really know which dr is good and which is not? He may go through a few or just give up trying. I am worried, but hopeful that maybe this one is "the" one.

Lou said...

Another parent blogger sent me a double CD of the Boss live in concert (after I wrote something about him in a post). Isn't that cool! I love the live versions of Johnny 99 and Rosalita, I listen to them on my Ipod all the time.

From personal experience, the right meds take a long time. Andrew is on Geodon and Risperdal. I don't like the side effects, but it's a trade off I guess. After many med combos and many docs, he has told me he now knows when he feels "right."

Anonymous :) said...

Finding the perfect drug for an addict is not that easy. An addict, by nature, will think that if three a day is good, twenty-five a day may be better. And, I think that there are precious few doctors out there who know what they're doing and are invested in the outcome of this experimentation. I know you're praying for K. If you suspect a doctor is not doing the right thing, trust your judgment. There are really good ones out there to be found. I hope Bruce is moved by your letter. That's a great idea. I'm sure the fact that you've been to all his concerts will at least get him reading the letter. Thanks for being proactive.

big Jenn said...

I see we are both fans. It's interesting we both posted about him. I hope he does answer your letter and I agree that he is a voice for all of us.
BRUUUUCE!jeNN

Syd said...

I so enjoyed seeing the awards and tribute to him last night. It was quite moving. I liked his music early on and have enjoyed it through college. He is a good fellow. Hope that he answers back.

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

I bet he does answer. What a great idea! You have me wondering who I should start writing to?

Heather's Mom said...

I hope they figure out what meds are right for him. Even though he is having a hard time, I am glad they seem to be taking the time to figure it out - like justLacey said - I hope this dr in the "one" and gets it right. Unfortunately it will be hard for K in the meanwhile, but hopefully the outcome will be good!

I love that you wrote him! I hope he does more than just respond - especially due to his kids' ages. Maybe make copies of the letter and send it to any addresses you can find...

meleah rebeccah said...

I love Brice Springsteen, and I think its a terrific idea for you to write to him. And I really hope he gets back to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...