December 2, 2009

How Much to Tell About this Awful Night?

Well.  I don't feel comfortable saying too much.  Its 1:00 am and I just got home from taking k to the hospital and then back to PH.  I got an emergency call from them around 7 pm.  He's fine for the night.  One day at a time...I don't know what tomorrow will bring.

The bottom line is:  I need to take care of myself.  It always felt a bit selfish saying that but I totally get it now.  I can spend my life worrying or trying to "fix" things OR I can accept the reality that my son may never be "better". 


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

Anonymous :) said...

If you take care of yourself, you will be there as a role model for him when he begins to walk in recovery.

Michael said...

Sorry to hear this. You do need to look after yourself because no one else will. You cannot "fix K", he has to want recovery worse than he wants to relapse. Worry changes nothing, just makes it worse for you.

Her Big Sad said...

I so get it. I hate it. But I get it. Barbara, I hope you have a few peaceful moments today to just breathe deeply and remember to hope. Never give up hope.

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

Oh Barbara, I am so very sorry and will pray for you and K. I believe Madison said it perfectly. We can set the example, whether they follow or not is out of our control. (((HUGS)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...