December 1, 2009

Why Are They Addicts in the First Place?



Seeing K today was nothing like I expected.  He did not ask to come home.  He was very concerned about getting back in time.  We hit traffic (road work) and were running late and it was very upsetting to him.

We went to his doctor, who is also my doctor, and he went in without me.  I take him back in two weeks to see how the new meds work.  Please pray that they work well.

I don't even want to talk about my time with him.  Too personal.  But I will say I am very concerned about his well being and have more compassion for him than ever.

Why do people start using drugs in the first place?  I know there are many reasons but for some, and I believe this to be true of my son, part of it was to cover up the emotional pain.

We did have some good moments.  Driving back he seemed more hopeful and we talked about cars (one of his fave topics).  I have to stay positive.  I have to.




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

sarah said...

always stay hopeful. Believe for his best. I was a drug addict for 14 years and have been clean for some time. If I can do it, he can too. Stay strong. Sarah

RandyJ said...

I think you're absolutely right. I was using because life was getting to be too much - too much pain, too much loss, too much suffering. Then, after my wife died, I relapsed (albeit at a whole different level) to try to take away the pain and loneliness. Encourage K with the car hobby, that's a big part of my recovery. My prayers are with you both, Randy

Midnitefyrfly said...

I miss you. I have been MIA and its hard to catch up. I am thinking of you and will email you or hope to catch you online soon (((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Michael said...

Drugs or booze are but a syptom of a deep underlying problem. Also drug use will cause many medical problems down the road.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...