December 23, 2009

New Doctor

I am very uptight tonight.  I've seen K the last three days.   I could tell that his meds were affecting him in a weird way and it scares me that he may not be getting the right treatment.  I have wanted to get a new doctor for him for a while but this guy is so affordable.  Today after going to court with K (not for a legal issue - for a progress report, in which he recieved high praises from the judge and she said a bunch of nice things about him).  He had not reason to feel anxiety but he did...he had trouble just maintaining himself and it was a positive experience.

I decided right then to get a new doctor I don't care if I have to go into debt charging my credit cards to the max.  I honestly feel this is a life and death matter.  He is not going to stay off drugs if he is unstable, he needs help, he needs that right meds.  The longer he is clean, it becomes easier and more obvious to see his mental health issues.

Turns out I am not the only one worried this week.  I talked to the (awesome) nurse at PH and to make a long story short she is hooking us up with a doctor she recommends and would use for her own child in this case.  I am relieved.  She also tried calling K's doctor all day to leave a message asking to lower his doses but he NEVER called her back.  UGH.

I feel like crap for not doing something sooner.


Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...