March 13, 2010

Dad and Mom's Son

Their son, who was doing so well, had a relapse.  I'm sharing this but most of you who know them have probably already been to their blog and seen the sad news.


It can happen at any time for any of our loved one's.  Its not even my son and I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach when I hear that kind of news.


Why?  Why does it have to be this way?  Why do so many turn to drugs in the first place?  What is the answer?  How do we change things?


And what do you say?  What words can we possibly use to express to Dad and Mom how sorry we are to hear this news (all the while secretly being thankful it was not our child but knowing it very well could be at any time). 




Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

4 comments:

justLacey said...

Are the drugs the problem or the way we try to deal with our problems. If it wasn't drugs it would be something wouldn't it? How many shows do we see lately about the 800 lb man, woman, teen? Hoarders? It isn't just the availability of drugs that is the problem, it is the way we cope in society. Saw a young man speak on the end of Dr. Phil or some show yesterday that said for young people the media is the problem. They are never pretty enough, rich enough, smart enough... I think that is true. What shows are we exposed to on t/v? Realty shows with shallow people with money who haven't a clue on what life is really like. I agree Barb that we need to take a look at what the real problem is to find a solution. These really are desperate times for a lot of people, including me.

Syd said...

I am sorry to hear that news. It tells me that life is truly one day at a time.

A Mom's Serious Blunder said...

I am so sad to hear this...I could just cry.

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

This just made me so very sad. I agree with Syd, I have only been away from the blog for one day and come back to read about Alex and Ant. Truly is one day at a time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...