March 13, 2010

Guess Who's In Jail? (updated!)

I'll give you two guesses, but I think if you read here you will guess right the first time.

His name starts with an "A".

Charge:  Loitering

Details later, it just happened.  His gf is here crying on our shoulders.  She agrees with me, he got what he asked for.  I have zero sympathy for him this time.

You know how they have those jokes "You know you're a _______ when...."   (redneck, californian, whatever).  Well lets start one of our own:

"You know you're involved with a drug addict when..."

- You have the county jail "inmate search" saved on your toolbar
- You hide money, keys and valuables
-  You catch yourself daydreaming about what the funeral will be like
- You are relieved to hear the word "arrest" when you are expecting to hear "O.D."


I could go on but my attempt at humor is not funny at all

UPDATE:
I am so pissed off.  I truly am a bit surprised at how angry I am at Anthony for this latest "choice".  He will be heading back to Chino State Prison on Monday.  No county jail for him, he's got too long of a record, he's "hardcore" and he's scared to death of that place.  Last time he was there he felt safe cause it was on "lock-down" due to some riots (in which guards and inmates were killed).  But this time he's going to have to be a big boy and go out in the yard, a minority (in there), young and fearful.  Not good.

So here is what happened.  He was going to see his son today, a good thing right?  His son is two and Ant rarely sees him.  So one of his friends hears he's heading out to Riverside and offers to pay him for a ride (Ants gf was driving her car).  Obviously Ant knows this guy is a drug user/dealer.  He picked him up in Santa Ana.  Some undercover cops saw three white young people in a known drug infested area so decide to pull them over.  As they are pulling him over the friend starts shoving balloons down his throat.  The cops tried to get him to spit them out but he wouldn't so they had him taken to the ER.

In the meantime they find out Ant is on parole and his gf is on probation.  Thank God they did NOT arrest her.  She's trying so hard - her one big fault is him.  They questioned her and the fact that she is a full time college student with a full time job and a nice clean cut looking young lady with no track marks is probably what saved her.

I am mostly angry at him for jeopardizing her.  I am glad he got caught and I hope he stays in there for a long time, away from my son, away from this girl.  BTW, this girl is one of Keven's good friends and she spends a lot of time here.  I just told Keven what I thought of Ant and gave him the "lecture" I plan to give him in a letter and he said it was good and that I should keep telling the gf that she needs to leave him and protect her own life.

I'm proud of my son.  He said "I'm so glad I'm not using, I would have been with them and I'd be in jail right now".  He'd disappointed in his friend and after all these years of looking up to Ant, he's lost all respect for him.  He also said "See, Mom, I told you almost dying wouldn't phase him".  He was right.

Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

6 comments:

justLacey said...

Sorry to hear that, but not surprised (except for the loitering charge). I am happy he's away from Keven at the moment and happy to hear that K is doing so well.

Her Big Sad said...

I hear you on that. I have the "who's in jail" saved on my toolbar... I check daily. I never leave the house without locking my fake ipod and digital camera in my little safe. I love the word "arrest". It signifies the "in jail" meaning, but arrest also means STOP (example: cardiac arrest). And I love it when they are STOPPED from using!

And sadly, we have already made preliminary funeral plans. Pictures organized, a location has been decided upon, etc. I don't want to try to face those decisions someday, while also facing the finality of the loss. I pray we will never have to carry out our plans. But seriously, it sadly comes to that point, where pre-planning for an addict child makes as much sense as pre-planning for our own funerals. I am truly sorry to hear about Ant, because I know you love him, but Barbara, I rejoice with you Every Single Day that Keven is sober. God bless you both!

Sherry said...

Barbara - This will give him more time to be away from drugs! I saw on your other blog that you aren't feeling well - I hope you get some rest tonight! (Hug)

Syd said...

I am glad that A. got what he was after--another arrest as a result of his stupid actions. I hate to say it Barb but the kid is a mess. He will now face the consequences.

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

I hated reading this. It looks like Ant has just not had enough. I struggle with that whole part of this disease. How can my son or Ant not have had enough? At some point you just have to accept, but that is so hard I am finding. I am so happy Keven is doing well and gratful the Lord has intervened with Ant. Much love and prayers...Renee

justLacey said...

The fact that Anthony has proven over and over that he cares very little about anyone else should help you keep him away from Keven. I am so proud that Keven has had the courage and insight to do this on his own. That is truly a great sign. Keven if you are ever reading, I am so proud of you and encouraged by your progress. It isn't easy, but you are doing so well. Stay on the right path and life will bring you great things!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...