March 31, 2010

A Cup of Tea in the Garden

One of the comments left yesterday made me realize that I have not been taking care of myself (again).
I think I will take a few days off from blogging and focus on my health and well being and on taking care of my mom**.  I can't stand not knowing about you and/or your families so I will keep reading but may not comment.

This is the fishpond in my backyard.  When Keven was a toddler his grandfather (bio dad's side of the family) built a fence around it for safety.  Eventually we added a net over the top because Great Blue Herons and egrets come to our yard to go fishing.  Some of our goldfish and Koi are fairly big and are not intended as bird food!  We also have a turtle that lives in there and sits on the rock in the sun.  Her name is Buttercup.



Also, for those of you that pray - please pray for my mom.  **She's not well.  I take her in for some tests today.  She's getting old and that's hard for me to accept because she's so active and does so much (she gardens two hours a day, walks her dogs every day, cooks all the time, cleans the house, runs errands...and she's 85 years old!)

One of the main reasons I need to take care of myself is so I can do all the things my mom normally does and take care of her and she HATES that.  She says the only reason she stays young is because she keeps doing all these things, she feels "needed" and she doesn't have to rely on anyone else. 

I'll update if there is any news on Keven, Anthony, Kelly or my mom.

Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

10 comments:

Bristolvol said...

Glad you are taking some time for yourself. It's really important to do that every once and a while. I'll keep your little family in my prayers and look forward to you getting back to blogging soon! I am pretty bad about keeping up with my blog. Never seem to find time to sit down and start writing.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

ah heck-a-doodle Barbara I will send multiple prayers for mom indeed.

I took a few days off this week, but have still been reading.

It is worth the time to do so.

LOVE your pond

Heather's Mom said...

I will definitely pray for your Mom!

What a beautiful backyard - so peaceful!

Take time for yourself! Great idea! With your blog(s) and comments, I know it takes TIME. I'm glad to hear you're going to take time for yourself! Spend time with K, time with your Mom, and my gosh, spend time in that beautiful backyard :)

Love & hugs!

Tom at Recovery Helpdesk said...

I said a prayer for you and your Mom. Your Mom sound great.

Garnet said...

Take care out there.

Kansas Bob said...

I said a prayer for you and your mom. Take care of yourself Barbara and feel free to skip my blogs for a while. I appreciate you and hope you have a great weekend.

Syd said...

Glad that you are taking care. The garden is beautiful. Blessings to you and your mom. I know how hard it is to take care of an aging parent.

Anna said...

Hang in there Barbara. We need you here in blogland but everybody needs a break.

Her Big Sad said...

Praying for you and your family.... Please take care of you! Hope your mom is better soon. I love your backyard pond.... how relaxing to watch the fish and Buttercup and visit with your family!

Hugs!!!

A Mom' Serious Blunder said...

Prayers of peace, hope and love...I just love those three words together! I had a bunny named buttercup...when he pooped we called them little butterballs. Guess you had to be there? It was very funny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...