March 26, 2010

Good News / Bad News

I'll get the bad news out of the way first.


Just received a call from "Kelly", she was in the hospital as a result of an OD.  She is fine physically but in a lot of trouble legally and obviously because of her addiction.  I had distanced myself from her this week because I knew she was using and didn't want her around my home (still talked to her daily by phone).  So I can't say I was surprised.


What really looks bad for her is that she was at court this morning for a possession of paraphernalia charge (she got it with Anthony - remember back when he was chased down by a K-9 patrol dog? She was driving the car that day).  So when she goes to court for this new charge, the judge will see that immediately upon leaving the court today she went and bought and used heroin.  She will most likely face some jail time.  I kind of hope she gets some time followed by a court ordered rehab.  She may lose a job she loves (groomer at a pet store) and fall behind in college, but if that's what it takes, so be it. Nothing else has worked so far.


She was crying to me because her dad said "You don't love me!" when she called her parents.  I explained to her that if feels that way to a parent.  We had a good talk.  Of course she swears that it was the "last time".  Sigh.  Keven just shook his head and said "Mom, I really mean it when I say I am never going to use again."  Dear God, I want to believe that with all my heart - and I do.  Time will tell.


Now for the GOOD news:


Guess who got a job today after 10 months of unemployment?  ME!  And not just any old job, a job working for a friend who I have wanted to work with for YEARS.  Its part time and I will work partly from home.  I will write more about it on my other blog if anyone is interested.  I am STOKED.   Now I can actually pay for my own lunch when I go out with my girls every Friday, I can pay my bills, I can put gas in my car!  I will still have to live very, very frugally but I've got that down to a science after the last ten months :)


I am celebrating by having a Starbucks after work with my friend Lauren, I know...pretty wild, huh?  But for me, its wild enough!  No more drama!




Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

12 comments:

Anna said...

Great news about the job! I am so happy for you. Too bad about kelly but sometimes jail looks good to me.

Syd said...

Some how I knew from reading your posts that she was using. Her dependency on Anthony just seemed like trouble. I am glad that she is away from Keven. And I'm very glad for you and the job. That is great news!

Heather's Mom said...

Congratulations on the job! That's great news - especially since it's with someone you've been wanting to work with :) woo-hoo!

Keven - gotta love him! He really has his head on straight amidst his friends making poor choices.

It's very sad about Kelly, I hate to see her get behind in school and all the other negative consequences :( Like I've said many times before, I'm glad she (& Ant) have you to confide in.

Love & hugs & congrats again on the job!

Her Big Sad said...

Oh That is such great news!! I am so excited for you for the new job!!! I will peek at other blog to hear more! Congrats!

GOOD FOR KEVEN!! I hope he continues to have this level of clarity and determination! YAY!!

justLacey said...

I am so happy that things are going well for both you and Kevin. It warms my heart that everything seems to be looking up.

Jennifer said...

Yay for you, and you know what...Yay for Kelly too...it sounds like you are both getting what you need.

Anonymous said...

That's so great about your job ! You really deserve it. : ) I will pray for Kelly to change her path.
Lori

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

Yeah for you!!

Bristolvol said...

You'll love it! It will give you a new focus.

Kathy M. said...

Congratulations on the job! That's great news. I'm so happy for you.

A Mom's Serious Blunder said...

Barbara I am so happy to hear about the GREAT job! How exciting! The other sad news is suddenly so familiar after reading others blogs for a couple of months and that is the most tragic thing of all.

Debby of Oxycontin and Opiate Addiction: A Mother's Story said...

Im so far behind in reading blogs. This one makes me happy! So glad to hear this, Barbara. I wish you all the best of success.
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...