March 6, 2010

My Other Blog...

I have too many blogs.


I started this one over a year ago when Keven's addiction took over my life and therefore my blogging.  I did a poll on my "main blog" and asked my readers (there were quite a few) if they preferred me to continue writing about "it" or start a new blog on the topic of drug addiction.

The majority of them said "start a new blog".  I think it was uncomfortable, maybe boring (?) for them to read about heroin addiction in my teenage son.  Many of them had known him since I started blogging in 2005.

So, I started a blog called "Needle and the Damage Done".  Some of you remember it.  I changed the blog name and template to "Recovery Happens" at the point that I decided to focus on the positive, that yes indeed, it can happen, it does happen, its happening.

Some of my long time, wonderful, faithful, loving supportive blog friends read both blogs (thank you for caring!).  I lost a lot of readers on the other blog, and my classic rock blog literally died until I invited some co-authors.  A guy named Dan brought it back to life for me (thanks, Dan!)


Anyhow, my point is, sometimes I can't keep up with these two blogs, plus my blog about rape (updated sporadically).  So I am going to be doing more cross-posting.  And when I do you can just click on this pic in the post and go read it at the other place.


I hope this is as clear as mud.  If not, just ask :)

P.S.  I am very disappointed in Blogger lately, they won't let me move gadgets (someone told me why but I forgot) or let me put my link list on my other blog.  I am not made enough to switch to Wordpress cause I am not up for learning anything new at the moment even though WP blogs look so much nicer (usually).


Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

You keep posting, I'll keep reading!

Heather's Mom said...

As long as we can find you :) hehe
Do what's best for you, I just clicked on the two links, plus the other one you mentioned - I can barely keep up writing one, I don't know how you manage FOUR!
I totally understand!
God bless.

justLacey said...

I was initially one of those people that didn't read needle. There were times though that I wondered how Keven was doing and you weren't posting much to the other blog so I started reading here too. It has been a long, hard road but I am so happy to read that Keven is doing well. I will hope and pray it continues as I so want him to be able to enjoy his life, and for you to be able to enjoy him. I love hearing about his success so far.

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

LisaC said...

Unemployed or not, I don't know how you do it. I find that sometimes after reading all the posts that I'm following, and commenting where I feel I have something useful to say, I'm exhausted and can't even think to write on my blog.

Barbara, keep writing, whatever or wherever. Needle and the Damage Done was one of the first blogs I found, when I realized I was not alone in this world as the parent of a teenage boy addicted to heroin. I love your honesty and your emotion that shows through in everything you write. These posts and blogs went a long way in saving my life.

I'm glad Keven is doing well, as is my Bryan, and I will continue to pray for you and him; and others that we know and care about.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Man, I wondered how you could keep up with all of them...

Syd said...

Barbara, I'll be one of your readers regardless of where you post. I enjoy what you have to say. I do like to see the focus on you and your recovery. I guess I am solution oriented when it comes to recovery.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Annette said...

When I just changed everything around I wanted to change over to Wordpress too but it all got so confusing! I gave up. I might try again though when I have a free afternoon or evening. About H and her job...it is an entry level job Barb, something you would be completely over qualified for. I am happy for her though...a step in the right direction. Thank you for always so faithfully commenting on my blog. I always love hearing from you. It sounds like Keven is doing well, making good strong choices for today. Always praying for you both.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...