There has been a fun thing going around, "the versatile blogger award" and Tori passed it on to me. Be sure to read hers too, its great to get to know more about each other.
Here's my seven:
1) As Joan Jett sings: "I love rock and roll". I've been a huge fan of rock music since I was 4 years old and saw the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show. My dad loved it too so I grew up hearing a lot of good music. I've been to hundreds of concerts, had some interesting music related experiences and met quite a few musicians over the years. I was even in a band for a short time, but I didn't add much talent, just a "female presence". Of all the musicians I've met the one that will always mean the most to me was Stevie Ray Vaughan. He performed at a small venue and I was mesmerized. He was such a sweet, soft spoken and TALENTED man. My love of Blues Rock started with Stevie. (I used to write a music blog, here is a link to all my SRV posts).
2) I've never been married. People often assume I'm divorced, but I avoided that by never marrying in the first place. I'm not opposed to marriage at all - I just haven't met a man that I want to spend the rest of my life with. But, I still hope to meet him someday.
3) In 1980 I got my first tattoo. Back then people literally stopped, stared and pointed at it because it was so unusual. Obviously today its a national pastime! I have both ankles inked and a hummingbird and a long vine going down my right leg from the top to just above the knee, Keven's name is on my ankle above two dolphins.
4) Writing has always been one of my passions. From the time I was a young girl I kept journals, wrote stories, poetry etc. In the last four years my writing has fallen by the wayside (along with several other things I used to enjoy, painting, etc.). I know its still in me, but for now that passion is dormant.
5) I'm certified to be a Sexual Assault Victim Advocate. This interests me because of my own past and is a way for me to help other women/girls. Its also taken a back burner but I have a few ladies I keep in touch with and one very special young lady. Some of the most rewarding moments of my life have been a result of encouraging others.
6) I am very organized, neat, efficient, etc. I can't tolerate anything in my life being out of order or unclean because it throws me off. A sign that I am seriously depressed is when I "let things go".
7) I love animals, all animals. Way back when a friend and I went on a campaign to make it illegal for tuna boats to kill dolphins. I'm not saying we are the ones that got that law in place, but every time I see a can of tuna with "dolphin safe" on the side, I smile.
Stevie Ray Vaughan was a heroin addict, he overcame his addiction. Years later he was killed in a helicopter accident. This quote saddens me:
Some of us can be examples about going ahead and growing, and some of us, unfortunately, don't make it there, and end up being examples because they had to die. I hit rock bottom, but thank God my bottom wasn't death.
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Peace, Hope and Love,