January 7, 2012

Peaceful, Easy Feeling

I can't believe I'm feeling peace right now!  But I am.  I also just overate and can tell I've gained a few pounds and need to get back to my super healthy eating.  Yukko, it feels gross to overeat these days, but its MY addiction.  I know the joy of eating that luscious chocolate will last only minutes, then I will feel awful and crave more, and have the long term effect of weight gain.  But I do it anyhow.  It helps me to relate better to addicts.  :(

Went to my meeting this morning.  Oh my gosh, it was amazing to me once again how welcoming and friendly everyone was.  I didn't share, didn't really have anything to say, but got a lot out of listening.

Keven has been home alone most of the week and tonight is the first time he's went out with friends, a guy I don't know but they went to high school together and he seems like a nice kid, and a guy I do know that went to Unidos with him.  I love this kid.  He was the one that was with my during Keven's finger surgery.  We spent the day together while Keven was being operated on and recovering and we had such a good time.  He was not never a hardcore addict, got court ordered to the rehab to dismiss a possession charge (Ecstacy).  Just the cutest, most polite young man you'd want to meet.  He's originally from Russia and I always wonder if he was adopted or if his family is from their, his last name isn't Russian.

So I dropped Keven off at the local pizza place to eat pizza and play video games.  In a way it makes me sad - that was the sort of thing he did when he was 15 years old.  And because his life is what it is today, that's what his Saturday night is like.  It shouldn't make me sad...I don't know why it does.  He was SMILING.  He seems much better and hasn't used since the horrible beginning of this week.

We've checked out a few sober livings and have two more to check out.   Its all about location -


Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...