January 31, 2010

Both Boys Here!

pic taken today, K and A

Today is good (so far).  This is the first time Ant and K have been together (other than the hospital visits) for a looooong time.  Of course they can't leave together, and they haven't suggested that they were thinking about it.  Its incredible to see them both clean, feeling good and motivating each other.

As I type this I can hear Ant playing guitar and singing, K joins in on the parts he knows.  K is home on a pass, we picked up Ant and brought him over here for breakfast/coffee and to hang out.

I overheard them talking and Ant had some very good advice for K, I was so grateful.  Its what I wanted to say (about a girl he met) but coming from your "brother" instead of your mother....well need I say more?

They talked about how good it feels to be clean, how inspired they both are to stay that way but neither of them can say "forever", it has to be one day at a time.  Ant said its the first time since he was 15 that he wasn 't living in fear of the law because his parole agent is actually happy with him.

Later Ant will leave and K and I will go have the water from his aquarium tested (one of the fish died and it doesn't look as clear as it should!) then he's going to get a haircut.

Everything feels so normal.  So peaceful.  K's not super depressed, he seems fine.  Of course his mood can change in an instant, but for this moment I am grateful to see his smile.

Song of the Day:

Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

6 comments:

~ Tabitha ~ said...

What a loving and positive post Barbara..I hope it keeps going..
Thank you for sharing.

Heather's Mom said...

Isn't is great when one of their friends (or anyone else actually!) tells them exactly what you wanted too :)
I don't know if that picture is from today??? But A looks very healthy!
How much fun to get to spend the day with both of them!
Praise God!

Sherry said...

I'm happy that you and the boys had a good day! I'm trying to take it day by day!

justLacey said...

I think Keven is cautiously optimistic and I believe that is a good outlook. The fact that he realizes his sobriety is new and fragile is a good thing. I think Ant is either fooling himself or everyone else. I don't feel that sincerity from him. Keven looks good and I pray for him all the time. I wish there I was someway I could help him. I so want to see him succeed. I feel Ant is an influence that perhaps he should not have in his life at the moment, but I guess I could be wrong.

Elizabeth Ann said...

They look so very young.. which one is ant and which one is keven. They are so cute and so young looking.. and have so much to look forward in life.

Youth.

BlondeonBlonde said...

They do look really young. Glad that it was a good day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...