January 22, 2010

A Real Rehab Opportunity!


Ant is in rehab at this place.  Its the first time he's ever had a structured program with things like one on one counseling, group sessions and meetings, classes on things like finding a job, etc.  I am STOKED!  (do people still say that?  or is that a surfer saying that most people don't even use?)  Either way, i am stoked :)

His gf just called me crying (tears of joy and thankfulness).  She kept saying that my family made all the difference this last week in giving him a safe, loving place to stay, but the best part of it was that he felt WELCOMED and even wanted by my mom, sis and me.  Of course that made me feel like crying.

We both know the decision to stay clean is his and his alone, but how much BETTER are his chances in a place like this than in the last place where a guy actually tied a bandanna around his arm his first night there!

In other news:  Unfortunately K is feeling depressed and "numb", our visit last night was kind of sad.  He has another Dr. apt. Tuesday.  He's coming home on a pass Sunday.  First thing on his agenda:  a haircut and lunch at Rubios.  Sounds good to me.

10 comments:

Barbara said...

Thanks, Tom!

Mmmmm....chips and salsa made from scratch, fish tacos with a squeeze of lime, chicken burritos, enchiladas, fresh guacamole, chile rellanos....

Heather's Mom said...

What great news!!! I am soooooooo happy for A :) Praise God.
What an honor to have blessed A like you and your fam did!
I hope you and K have a relaxing visit at home Sunday :)
Okay, so jury is still out on the use of the word "stoked" lol
Again, great news! Keeping you all in my prayers.
God bless.

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

This is fantastic news Barbara! I am so glad he was able to get into a place, and this looks like a great start for him. I catch myself saying "far out" and "right on" sometimes...ha! Blessings my friend, great news tonight:) I hope you and K have a fantastic Sunday together.

Elizabeth Ann said...

Good.. he got in. I hope he heals. Poor kid.

Lou said...

Enjoy your day with K. It is always special to have lunch, when you can't do it every day. A real treat;)

Gary Means said...

great news about Ant.

stoked. I haven't used it in a while, but it sounds fine to me.

Other expressions from the old days (remember these, Barbara?):
- f'ing outrageous
- f'ing outtasight
- far-f'ing-out
- let's book, man
- keep on truckin, man
- keep it real, man
- whoaah, that's really heavy
- whoaah bummer, dude
- whooaaahhh,duuude! (usually followed by one of the first three)
This vocabulary was based on the need to minimize the number of brain cells utilized. Hence the patterns and gender insensitivity.

I'll avoid the jargon directly related to controlled substances. We both have the t-shirt, Barbara.

Midnitefyrfly said...

I am so glad to hear he got into a good structured program!

I cannot express how lucky I feel that these boys are to have you in their life. You are an amazing woman.

I wish having lunch with you didn't have to involve around 20+ hours of driving! K is a lucky guy ;)

Kansas Bob said...

Hoping great things for both of your boys!

Syd said...

Good opportunity for Ant. I hope that all goes well.

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...