January 18, 2010

I'm Gonna Miss Him


Anthony's stay here will be coming to an end tomorrow night - he found a sober living home.  I am a bit surprised that I feel sad he's leaving so soon. Its been fun having him around, he's only here in the mornings and at night so its not like he's hanging out all day.

I think I mentioned before he's the type of person that walks into a room and lights it up (when he's not high) and he's had me laughing and smiling the past 4 days.  His gf has been here a lot and she's been very mellow and sweet.  Its kind of nice to have young people around - they sure add energy (and noise) to a house.

I can only hope and pray for the best for this young man.  I admit, I am nervous.  I am fearful.  He's never made it before, but that doesn't mean he won't.

He looks SO MUCH healthier than he did the night he got here.  I hope when he visits his PO tomorrow the guy accepts his plan to go into sober living, he is not a criminal and prison has never helped him in the past.

Tonight I am grateful that I know where both my boys are:  they are safe, warm and clean.

Song of the day:


Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

5 comments:

Elizabeth Ann said...

It is working out (hugs).

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

I pray that Ant will continue with recovery and restore his health. Again, he is very lucky to have you in his life Barbara:)

Lou said...

Perhaps he heard (or saw) something at your house that touched a desire to do something different this time. I'm a believer in that we never know what might ignite a spark.

You followed your heart Barbara, I respect that.

Heather's Mom said...

That is something to be grateful for :) I'm glad he found a sober living home, you still have one more day with him there - enjoy your time. Then it will peace and quiet for a bit - then Keven will be home! A lot is going on, but all in a positive direction!
I'll pray God gives A strength :)

Syd said...

I wish him the best. A lot is up to him but I know that you are hopeful. I think that we are all hopeful for him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...