January 7, 2010

Update on "My Other Son"

I haven't mentioned Ant lately and the old adage is true "no news is good news!"

I talk to him once a week, at least, and he sounds positive, determined, excited, thankful.  He's been out of jail and into rehab for the last nine days and will be done at the end of the month. 

That's what concerns me - he has nowhere to go, no place to live, no job, money or car.  But he says "it will work out" and has some good plans so far on steps to take to find a job and housing.  I am proud of him.  I am not going to worry or enable.  I am just going to watch and love and pray.


Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

8 comments:

sarah said...

the hardest job of a mom is stand by and allow our kids to find their own way...even when they fall and get hurt in the process. Stay strong

Anonymous :) said...

I agree with Sarah. And, I still hope that K and your friend find addicts who have walked in recovery for a long time, good role models. Recovering addicts/alcoholics are awesome to listen to. To be in that kind of bondage and find a way out is miraculous and courageous and wise.

Sherry said...

I just said a prayer for him also!

~ Tabitha ~ said...

As long as he knows you believe in him,he will have a little extra faith under his wings to get started on his new path.All the best to him !

Heather's Mom said...

I'll pray for him too. I'm glad that the no news is good news. As for when he gets out of rehab, God will have him in His sights... And your love and confidence in Ant will speak volumes.

peglud said...

During rehab, we can relax for a short period of time. We know where the addict is for now. However, post rehab is the real test. Bravo for taking 'one day at a time' and allowing your son to figure out things on his own. I'm not sure I could do this, but I do believe that it's the best approach. Thinking of you during this difficult time. Stay strong. WE, I have learned, don't always know what is best for our addict children.

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

I pray good things will come to him once he is released and he will be uplifted to stay on the path to recovery. How lucky he is to have you in his life, and you the same I am sure that he is in yours.

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...