January 2, 2010

I Need Input

K's ex girlfriend just texted me to say she missed him, is thinking about him a lot lately and wants to talk to him.

Do I tell him this or not?

I hate to keep things from him but in his current state of mind, would it be wise?  She has a boyfriend.  Not sure why she suddenly wants to talk to him.  Part of me is suspicious...why now after all these months?

They dated for a year.  She stood by him for the first few months of his drug use but when he got really bad, she left him.  I was proud of her but sad to see her go, she was a nice girl.

I know I can't protect him forever.  He has to learn to face the realities of life.  I just know he still has feelings for this girl and am not sure if it would be good for him to have one more thing to deal with right now.

I'd just like to hear some of your thoughts to give me perspective.  This doesn't seem black and white like most issues....or maybe I am just making too much of it.  I know when her name is mentioned he gets kind of uptight...like he misses her and regrets what he put her through.  

Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

8 comments:

Michael said...

Ditto on above. I would be curious if I was you as to her motivation.

Sherry said...

I agree with everyone else!!

Lou said...

It is not your business. Why is she going through you? Let her figure it out, and tell her you don't make arrangements for people to contact Keven.

Barbara said...

Lou, Lou, Lou, thanks for your blunt answer. That honestly never even crossed my mind! That's how far I have to go in all this...UGH. I would have a hard time telling her that (more indication of my own issues?) but I can let her know in a nice way.
Wow. It blows my mind that it never occurred to me not to get in the middle of my 19 year old son's business.

Barbara said...

Lacey and Michael, in my heart I don't want to tell him since he removed all memories of her from his room (I just remembered that)

Madison, you're right and I loved that post. It was the first thing I learned in recovery and remind myself all the time.

Sherry - :) Thanks!

Heather's Mom said...

I've seen too many parents get in the middle of their kid's relationships and I've never agreed with it for me personally. Can she call him where he's at? Or wait until he gets home?
LOU'S COMMENT SAID IT STRAIGHT...
You can humbly say to her you thought about it and don't want to get in the middle. Then if it ever comes up later, just tell K, it wasn't for you to get in the middle.
Whatever you decide, pray about it, and do what you feel is right for you.

justLacey said...

Lou is right. Kids that age love drama and that is the last thing you need right now. The fact that she tested you instead of just calling makes it seem less sincere to me. Don't get me wrong, I love texting but she may have just been wondering what was going on with him and move on. If she has a bf, good for her and let Keven move on. If it's meant to be she can come back when he is recovered.

Barbara said...

Heather's Mom and Lace,

Lou is usually right :) And I say that with complete sincerely.

Lacey you are right...she could have called him...but then again she had no idea where he is and I am kind of glad she didn't call him.
I am staying out of it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...