January 1, 2010

A Good Beginning

The new year started off very peacefully.

This morning I took a walk at the harbor with a good friend, her dog and Jade (my bro's dog).  It was nice.


Came home and my entire family was here for the day to play games, hang out, etc.  My great-nephew, Wyatt, wanted me all to himself today so rather than playing cards or Rock Hero, I played Legos and watched "Animal Face-Off Videos". 

At one point while lying on my bed we both fell asleep and it reminded me of the first five years of his life when we spent every Wednesday evening together from the time he was a newborn.  I've always considered him the second most special kid in the world and love him as if he were a grandson....he sort of is.  When he moved to Germany last year I was devastated.  On top of all the troubles with K, I no longer had my Wyatt around.

He's been home for a month but next week he goes back to Germany (he lives on the Army base there, his dad is in Afghanistan, his mom is my niece).  My heart breaks at having to say goodbye for another year.  He looked at me today and said in total seriousness "Bar, you're my best friend".  I will never forget that moment. 

Also got a positive sounding text from K today about his plans for Sunday.  He has a day pass and he and a friend are coming here to start on a project (more on that later).  I just hope being at home does not trigger a panic attack.  (they can't leave on a day pass unless they bring another resident with him, for accountability)


Good start to the new year.  One day at a time... 

ALSO: 
Ant is out of jail and into a rehab as of yesterday!!!!!


Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

5 comments:

Midnitefyrfly said...

wow! good things happening! although I can relate to the bittersweet of Wyatt's and your relationship, there is something to be said for his perception and how deep it runs through you both, even across the miles. Here is HOPING for all things that run deep through you to continue in a positive light! ((HUGS))

Barbara said...

Thanks, Shawna! That made me feel so good to hear that. He's my sweetie pie.

Elizabeth Ann said...

Let us know how he LOVES his new room. You sister did a superb job.

justLacey said...

Your niece is a brave girl. I don't know that I would want to be living in a strange country while my husband was deployed somewhere else. Good experience for Wyatt though.

Barbara said...

Ms Hen, thanks! He saw it a few weeks ago and said it was 'sick' which is apparently the highest form of compliment possible these days.

Lacey, she actually loves it there and lives on the base and has tons of friends. Its very good for Wyatt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...