January 12, 2010

MAJOR DEVELOPMENT! A GOOD ONE!


Guess who unexpectedly started breathing on his own this evening!!!

I am still jumping for joy.  They were able to remove the ventilator and he's TALKING!

I can't wait to see him tomorrow!  He still has a lot of recovering to do, but this is HUGE.  I swear, I really thought we might lose him on Saturday, it looked so bleak.

Thank you all so much for caring!  I may print out some of the comments left here and show them to him - to remind him that we are all in this thing (life) together, its not a solo journey, its about reaching out.  I want him to kick this addiction once and for all because he has so much to offer the world, and now he has a "miracle story" of how he almost died but didn't.

Also, if you know Tall Kay, please stop and pray for, she lost her father, he died this morning.  He'd been ill but seemed to be doing better.  When I think of someone who is in recovery and gives back - I think of her.  She is an amazing gal.



Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

15 comments:

Gavin said...

:D That's awesome!

Midnitefyrfly said...

Oh Barbara! I am so relieved and happy for you and Ant!! ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Her Big Sad said...

I AM SO GLAD!!!!!

Hugs to you! Prayers continue for Ant! Rest well tonight!

Anonymous :) said...

I so hope this is a turning point for him, not a lesson in being careful taking the proper dose of drugs. I hope he finds people he can really relate to who have been where he is and can lead the way out. It's all such a shame. It sounds like he has a lot more to add to the world than this.

justLacey said...

Great news and another chance to make it!

Lou said...

God is good!

RandyJ said...

I'm so happy for Ant, you and K.....Tell Ant I"m praying for him.

Sherry said...

We are all connected! I'm so glad he's better!

Dad and Mom said...

Good news, keep us posted.

Syd said...

I am really glad for him. Maybe this will scare him enough to quit. I hope so.

Anna said...

I am very glad to hear this good news.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Strangely, I left this on yesterday's post:

Much good news in this post today and it made me smile.

I am curious - will the time line for Ant's OD be discussed? .... you indicated the other day he could have gotten high with his gf. If that is the case, she needs to be kept away from him.

Having a cool PO will make K's next step easier indeed.

Still saying prayers.

Sue said...

Yay! I'm glad you were there with him yesterday to be able to talk to him. I have no doubt, without having ever met you face to face, that you certainly would be adept at "reading him". What a comfort that would have been :)

Heather's Mom said...

PRAISE GOD!!!

And to A, God's got plans for your life. He loves you, you are His child. You've had prayers from all across the country and now we have tears of joy! God bless you.

peglud said...

Can't believe the worry and concern you are going through - on different levels, with both your sons. Please know how much you are in my thoughts. The strength you are modeling for all of us 'out there' is inspiring, and gives me a glimpse of hope for my own situation. Right now, you are holding the lantern, lighting the way, for us on the path behind you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...