January 9, 2010

He' on Life Support

I am home from the hospital long enough to eat, recharge my cell and take a quick shower so this will be a fast note:

It does not "look good" according to the doctor.  But, the doc also said he's seen young men Anthony's age recover.

He is sedated and will be for at least the next two days.

The problem is his lungs - they are not working, he most likely asphixiated his stomach contents. 

I am sort of in a state of shock.  We (counselors had a meeting) are not telling Keven yet, we are waiting to hear if he will make it or not. 

I can not bear the thought of it.  I just can't go there.

I've been sitting alone in the ICU talking to him all this time.  I don't know if he can hear me or not but it can't hurt. 

I hate drugs.  I hate sober living homes that permit drug use (they KNEW people were using there and didn't kick them out).

He's hands are cold and his fingers are still kind of blue.

Peace, Hope and Love,
Barbara

11 comments:

Heather's Mom said...

Praying for Ant, praying for you. Sending love & hugs!!!

Midnitefyrfly said...

Continuing to hope and pray here too. My heart is breaking for you. I just do not know what to say. (((HUGS)))

LisaC said...

We are all out here praying for you and Ant. There is nothing else to say but I wish I was there holdingt your hand and able to give you support in person.

Her Big Sad said...

Praying! Just got in and found this, will check back frequently, am calling a few friends to pray also! Praying for Ant and for you and K too! Big hug!

Anonymous :) said...

Sober living homes that permit drug use don't make sense. I will pray for you. What a nightmare.

Anna said...

I am praying for you and Ant and Kevin.

peglud said...

Barbara - I guess there is never a place where our addict kids are 'safe'. I'm shocked and saddened by your news of Ant's OD. I can't imagine what you must be feeling - or how you're able to cope. Please know that your blogger friends understand, to a degree, and send you love and support. Try to only do what you can do. Take care of yourself. At this point, Ant's survival is out of your hands. Let go and let 'God'. Thinking of you.

Rahime said...

Praying for him, Keven and you.

Hugs.

Gavin said...

I'm not sure what to say 'cept that I'll definitely be praying for you and your family.

Sherry said...

I am praying and crying!

Syd said...

What a terrible thing. I am just catching up on reading your blog, Barbara. I apologize for not knowing about this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...