July 27, 2010

Anthony Update

Haven't said much about Anthony or Kelsey later - but no news is good news!  Kelsey has over 30 days clean, is still in a really great sober living/rehab house and got a great job!  She looks and sounds great and I am very proud of her.

Anthony has been writing more than ever and his letters sound so positive.  I got a six pager today and his words were very sincere and mature.  I can see a big change in him, I think he's really "getting it" this time and I have more hope for him than ever.  He said some funny things in the letter too that cracked me up which was another good sign.  He says he is THANKFUL to be in prison right now and be forced to have time to think.  He also said he feels "forgiven" by himself and that's a first.  He's always been so hard on himself.

He asked me to check out his ex gf's myspace for pics of his boy to send him.  I love this one, apparently he inherited his father's talent for music :)


P.S.  Keven is at a meeting at Phoenix House tonight, likes his new therapist and seems to be doing "okay" at the moment.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

8 comments:

LisaC said...

Cute picture! What a sweetie.

I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well. I continue to pray for Ant, Kelsey and Keven...and for you!

Kristi (heartspeak-urmyheart.blogspot.com) said...

I'm happy to hear there some peace in your world at the moment! Addict's tend to have a really hard time forgiving themselves, Jacob struggles with this. For Anthony to forgive himself and figure that out on his own is a good step! Keeping the prayers going for you and yours!

Syd said...

It's nice to have some happy times to share. I'm a big fan of those "normal" ordinary days. Glad that all is right with the world today. Thanks for stopping by.

Kristin said...

Cute pic. My daughter is a drummer and I have lots of photos of her banging away. The photo pulls at my heartstrings.
Thank you for sharing the good times.
Everyone loves a moment of peace.
xx kris

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

What a great shot!

Glad his letter sound upbeat

beachteacher said...

I LOVE to hear you enjoying your day Barbara. That little guy on the drums is so sweet,...thanks for sharing the picture.

Heather's Mom said...

Thanks for the update on Ant. I'm catching up after (MORE) houseguests just left - but it's so fun having them here. I'm so happy to log on and get good news on both A & K!
Oh, and I loved your last post - that is sooooo true - I loved the feelings as they are ones I share too. Kinda like when this all first started for me, and I found out I wasn't alone... now, 9 months later, thank you for letting me know I am not alone with how I feel today!
Love & hugs!

Carolyn said...

I love the photo Barbara. I can feel some peace coming from you today. Now THAT makes me smile :)
I pray that it continues and everyone continues to grow and move forward.
Love, hugs and prayers
Carolyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...