July 14, 2010

A Hurting Grandmother

This sort of goes along with the dialog that's been happening in my comments.

Anthony's grandmother called the other night because she discovered some suspicious items in her home.  Ant's younger brother (not a drug user up to this point) lives with her.  She's been finding black smudges around her house, a piece of foil stuck in a book, and a cut in half straw.

I asked if there was a black line on the foil.  She said yes.  I gave the low-down on all the ugly facts of what it looks like, how its used, etc.

She cried out "I am the worst parent in the world, I've ruined these boys, they are both using heroin, their mother (her daughter) died of drugs, I am horrible...."

I promised her it was not her.  And I know she didn't believe me.

8 comments:

Kris B said...

This is heartbreaking on so many levels. I hope she knows she is not alone and will go to Al-Anon to learn the Three Cs...didn't Cause it can't Control it and can't Cure it. I wish I could give her a big hug. Thank you Barbara, for taking the time to care for her. I can't imagine her pain and I hope she will find Peace...somehow.

Barbara said...

Kris, thank you. She is a kind older lady in her 70's and she and her husband both have health problems....they should be enjoying these last years of life stress free, doing the things they enjoy. She was going to Al-Anon and I offered to go with her again if she wants to.

Syd said...

Al-Anon will help her if she sticks with it. Sad that she has to deal with this. Sadder that she blames herself.

Bristolvol said...

This is another heartbreaking story. I am so sorry she has to go through this. I know what it feels like to be a hurting grandma on a different level. But it all boils down to the same thing. Drugs are destroying everything you have ever held dear. God bless her.

Annette said...

:o(

A Mom's Serious Blunder said...

so sad but all to familiar.

Kristi (Jake's Mom) said...

This is heartbreaking news...I will be praying for her and her grandchildren!

Dad and Mom said...

There is absolutely no one that an addict won't destroy if it meets their need/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...