July 3, 2010

Update on Anthony and Kelsey plus another item for the "DOH!" file

Anthony has been writing me a lot since he was put back in a two-man cell for 23 hours a day.  His letters are always positive, honest and grateful.

He also wrote Keven and since the letter was in the same envelope as mine I read it.  He told him how HUGE he's getting from working out all the time (he has the body type that puts on muscle just by looking at a barbell, and Keven has been working out at the gym for months and still isn't all that defined....)

He told Keven that if he's using they can't be friends cause he's "done'.  Well, I've heard this before and I will believe it when I see it.  I hope its true.

He says he's NOT going to do dope in prison anymore, his "clean date" is June 11.  It still burns me up that heroin is so readily available in there!

I surprised Kelsey today by stopping by her rehab for a quick visit.  I brought her some letters from Anthony and a pack of cigs.  She looked really good and was her usual hyper talkative self.  I got a great hug, she's such a thin girl, but she looked healthy thin not druggie thin (big difference).

In other news - my son used my credit card to buy clothes, food and get a piercing.  I gave him my credit card months ago to use for GAS only.  He used it for gas only.  I was so proud of him.

But then I had to have a new card issued and decided to get his name on it in case he ever needed it in an emergency (how stupid of me, it was like handing him a wad of cash and saying "don 't spend it).

Here I am thinking he was being responsible with my credit card but really he was only fearful of using it because it had my name on it.  The second he could get away with using if for other items he did.

Needless to say he no longer has the card, in fact I closed the account.

Another lesson learned the hard way by me.  DOH!

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

4 comments:

Syd said...

Glad that you took that away from him. Best to not enable him.

~~BRB Queen~~ said...

I remember countless times of using my grandma's credit or ATM card for unapproved items. sigh

I'm so glad I don't have to live that life anymore!

Heather's Mom said...

Yeah, I did the same with all three of our girls and at some point with each of them said, DOH!
Emergency: I was at the mall and there was this sale...

I also had to say DOH to what A wrote K - A won't be friends with K??? I was like, um... K says that to you, not the other way around - but - good - no great for A!!! I still have hope/faith in him... but at first I thought that was the DOH moment you were writing about.

Love & hugs to you... God bless.

parentofanaddictcdcb said...

We ALL have those Homer Simpson moments. LOL
My ex-mother in law gave my daughter a card for school and emergencies and she ran it up to the max ($5000.00)!!
Oh well, as you say...live and learn. At least he doesn't have the card anymore. We want so badly to be able to treat our kids as though they were "normal". IT's sucha kick in the pants to rediscover that we can't.
I hope you have a blessed, peaceful week Barbara.
Carolyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...