July 15, 2010

Letting Go

My good friend, Gary, had this on his blog the other day.  Maybe some of you have seen it already.  Its a great definition letting go:






To "let go" . . . .

does not mean to stop caring. It means I can't do it for someone else.

is not to cut myself off. It's the realization that I can't control another.

is not to enable, but to allow another to learn from natural consequences.

is to acknowledge that life is full of variables that are beyond my control.

is to admit powerlessness, which means the outcome is not in my hands.

is to stop assuming your potential response to my words or actions.

is not to take responsibility for others' feelings, but for my own.

is not to try to change or blame another. It's to make the most of myself.

is not to care for, it's to care about.

is not to fix, but to be supportive.

is not to judge, but to allow another to be a human being.

is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes, but to allow others to affect their destinies.

is not to be protective. It's to permit another to face reality.

is not to deny, but to accept.

is not to nag, scold, or argue, but instead to search out my own shortcomings and correct them.

is not adjust everything to my desires, but to take each day as it comes, and cherish myself in it.

is not to criticize and regulate anybody, but to try to become what i dream I can be.

is not to regret the past, but to grow and live for the future.

is to fear less and love more.

5 comments:

Kristi (Jake's Mom) said...

Great Stuff!! I printed this out for future reference and reminder!! Thanks Barbara!!

Syd said...

Awesome post. These truly are what letting go is about. I appreciate your sharing this.

~~BRB Queen~~ said...

Love this! Thanks for sharing.

Michael said...

That was so awesome, great post!

~ Tabitha ~ said...

Excellent post !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...