May 15, 2010

Blog Award :) UPDATED

Syd pointed out that I didn't answer the first question! That was not intentional, I was going to do it last and then...forgot. Not unusual for me these days! I answered it.


Thanks to my blog friends that passed this on to me.  Its popping up everywhere so I will just pass it on to whoever has not got it yet and wants to do it.  I need a diversion so here's my answers:


1. What would your perfect day consist of?
Lets see, my perfect day would be waking up next to the man that I love (he's out there somewhere I hope) then having coffee together at our side by side laptops and discussing the latest news, emails, blogs.  Then we'd go for a drive to our favorite place, with our dogs,  to hike and spend most of the day hiking and enjoying nature.  We'd go home, shower, make love, and take a nap.  Then in the evening we'd go out to a local place to listen to some rockin' blues type music.  Go home fall asleep in his arms.  No worries all day.

2. How would you describe yourself if you were an article of clothing?
A well worn pair of jeans that fit just right, soft but strong

3. What hobbies are you currently working on? 
Hmmm.  Does trying not to worry count as a hobby?  

4. Walking in the woods in wellies or barefoot on the beach? 
The woods!  I live near the beach but would prefer the woods.

5. Have you ever hugged or sang to a tree? 
My friend and I strapped ourselves to a tree when bulldozers came to tear it down.  So...yes.

6. Growing your own veggies or nipping to the supermarket? supermarket?
A little of both.

7. Have you found anyone exciting in your family tree? 
No.  I have relatives in Ireland and Canada.  I like to think I may be related to Bono.

8. Slap up meal in a posh restaurant or fish 'n' chips from the wrapper? 
Depends on my mood.
9. Which element do you most resonate with: Earth, Air, Fire or Water?
Earth.

10. Do you believe in fairies? 
No.

8 comments:

Kathy M. said...

Congratulations on your award! I enjoyed learning more about you.

Syd said...

What would your perfect day consist of? I like the question and wonder about your perfect day.

justLacey said...

A perfect day is one with no worries or impending worries.

Kansas Bob said...

I can definitely see #1 in your future Barbara! I posted my answers at kansasbob.com.

Kristin said...

Wow. That was an update worth waiting for. It sounds perfect and I hope for you that someday it will happen just like you have envisioned!
xx kris

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

I had you pegged for an ocean girl!

Barbara said...

All these comments were fun (Lacey - that is so true).

Renee, I am an ocean girl :) I grew up on the ocean body surfing and lived near the beach in my 20's cause I loved it so much. I even have dolphins tattooed on my ankle. BUT I really love the woods and all the little creatures, trees, plants, rocks, solitude.

I was going to answer all the comments but just "hit the wall". Does that happen to you where your energy is just gone?

dogkisses said...

Hi Barbara,
My first time visiting your blog. I am quite surprised at how much we seem to have in common.
I like your answers to the questions, which is when I realized we are much alike. I would have said nearly the same things, only I live in the woods and would like to live near the water with the wide open sky. There are lots of creatures, esp., spiders! And snakes. But you are right, it does have a sense of solitude about it that I do adore.
Also, my dream guy sounds like yours and I suspect you and I are close in age, so I hope I find him first :) -- okay, I hope there are two of them.
Your blog looks interesting and also resourceful. I have chronic fatigue syndrome, which is kicking my butt lately and makes it hard for me to do research so I can write about what I learn. I'm depending on other bloggers at the moment to fill those gaps.
Thank you for reading my post about my dog, Free. Do you have a dog?
I look forward to visiting your blog.
My very best well wishes to you and your son!
dogkisses.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...