May 15, 2010

Update on Ant

Its been awhile since I've mentioned Anthony.  Here's the latest:

I got a Mother's Day letter from him yesterday.  He told me what he would have done for Mother's Day if he'd been out, which was sweet.

He's been transfered to the minimum security and said it was like a "boy's camp".  He likes it except for the fact that people are slamming dope all around him.  He says its much easier to get in there than on the streets - but way more expensive.  He told me he is staying away from it and I choose to believe that, I hope its true.

Get this:  he spends his time doing tattoos (he made a gun to use in there), playing guitar (they provide guitars) and singing.  He sounds like quite a celebrity!  Everyone is telling him "what are you doing in here, you have so much talent!"  I hope that makes him think.  He DOES have so much talent --- ugh.

Going to try to catch up on blogs this weekend.  Am NOT going to write about Keven.  I'm working hard at not even thinking about him...right now he's upstairs asleep, his new friend is over.

If you ever find yourself in prison and want to pass some time giving your cellies tattoos, its easy to make a "gun".  All you need is:
  • bic pen (this is your tube that houses the needle)
  • 4 or 5" section of guitar string ,second one from the smallest. ( this is your needle)
  • tooth brush ( this gets bent like a "7" and joins the pen to the motor)
  • an eraser from a pencil (this joins the shaft of the motor to the needle/guitar string)
  • small battery operated motor (from a "walkman" or a hand held fan)
  • some tape (to join everything together)



Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

6 comments:

LisaC said...

Barbara, you so make me laugh! :)
You post such interesting and helpful information!

For Ant and Keven, I wish for health and happiness. I wish them to be content in their lives at some point. This is also what I wish for my Bryan. I use to be a mom that had hgh hopes about "who he would be when he grew up." Those expectations were not good for any of us.

Yes, I'm going to go out and pick up all these "pieces" and make myself a tattoo gun...I've been looking for a new hobby to replace codependency! LOL

Have a wonderful weekend.

Barbara said...

Lisa, you made me laugh back!!! I can't wait to see your first tattoo (unless its not your first...I have several!)

Kristin said...

This could be useful for my son. He and his art school buddies have "homemades". Their tools could be upgraded.
HUMMM? Should I pass this info on? They are going to do it anyway. Needles and India ink make for messy tats.
This question is a little like when he got the speeding ticket. He got the van going to 100 miles an hour and just as my words were airborne I knew that it was the WRONG thing to say.
"The van goes that fast!. WOW"
Keep the improved tattooing device to myself?
Where is that parenting manual?
Have a good weekend,
xx kris

Heather's Mom said...

Hopefully I'll never need that bit of advice... lol

Thanks for the update on Ant :) He IS so talented, I remember the artwork of his you posted - amazing stuff! Maybe when he gets out he'll be a tattoo artist, or work using his artistic talents another way - but he definitely has a gift!

Love & hugs!

Kathy M. said...

Fascinating post on the art of prison tatoos. Who knew?

Syd said...

I like reading about you and what you like to do. I don't think I will need a prison tat gun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...