May 13, 2010

Gut Instincts

First of all, THANK YOU for all the comments on the last two posts.  I think most of you know how valuable support, concern and feedback can be.  I treasure every thought, every insight.

Tonight he went with me to the party for our NAMI class.  He and his gf both enjoyed it.  I think it gave him a glimpse into the other side - what I feel and experience related to his illness.  And I think he appreciates my efforts to learn as much as I can.

But...my gut is twisted in knots.  I have no evidence other than his behavior yesterday that he may be using but I did see a bruise on his arm and grabbed it and looked at it.  He was upset and I wish I wouldn't have done it because it was on the outside of his arm no where there are no veins.  Oh well, old habits die hard.

I've been reading blogs but not commenting on all of them because I am worn out (also have a project at work that is driving me nuts).  

I will catch up this weekend.

Thanks again.







Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

3 comments:

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

Praying for you my dear friend. We are both worn out right now and I also will have to catch up. I have Relay for Life this weekend so it will be hard for me to catch up. You and Keven are always in my thoughts and prayers, always.

Syd said...

I hope that you have a relaxing day Barbara. It is Friday which is a good thing.

parentofanaddictcdcb said...

Peace and love Barbara.
I hope today is better.
Carolyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...