May 4, 2010

GOOD NEWS and a Description

ANOTHER UPDATE:

Someone asked what the difference between a halucinationand a delusion is, this is what his doctor said (not in these exact words)

A hallucination just comes out of no where for no apparent reason, a delusion is usually something you have seen at one time the appear for a variety of reasons. 


Hallucinations last for more than a moment, delusions usually appear and disappear quickly.


Hallucinations are very often associated with schizophrenia but delusions can be a combination of things:  meds, past drug use, stress, anxiety, etc.

(I updated this cause I was in a hurry the first time I wrote it and got some of it wrong...)

I really, really, really needed this good news today:

Kev had his apt. with his dr. and was told his hallucinations are actually "delusions" which are different than hallucinations and NOT necessarily a sign of a serious mental illness but can be part of bi-polar, stress or a number of other things.

Just seeing his face when he walked out of the dr.'s office was a huge relief.  I personally feel like a weight has been lifted.  I can only handle so much.

I should not have jumped to conclusions - but when your child sees a dead person hanging in the closet (and that's just one of many examples) its very scary for both of you.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

17 comments:

~ Tabitha ~ said...

This is good news indeed! Especially for Kev.(yes,and you of course)
I understand that jumping to conclusions thing,Barbara.We all do it when we're scared at times.But this just reminds us to keep an opened mind - and never give up hope.

I appreciate what you share here in our community online.Thank you.

All the best with this good news !

Bristolvol said...

It's actually a good deal!

Bristolvol said...

Dood deal, Barbara, I am so happy for you. It is easy to jump to conclusions when you are under so much stress. I am really happy for both of you. Whatever comes your way you can handle it. You are an awesome mom and Keven is a lucky boy. BTW, the blog Drug Wars was a fraud. I had a feeling that this person sounded way too good to be true.

Anna said...

I am glad that you got good news.

Spindrift said...

Songs or quotes are something i find easy in my head. They help me fit how i feel. Too many songs, so little time. John Lennon wrote the song 'watching the wheels'. It came to me after reading this post. I imagine you doing something whimsical like flying a kite or digging your heels in the sand. Great news:)

Heather's Mom said...

Thanks for sharing this good news! It's easy to jump to conclusions when we are scared b/c we love our kids so much! Let's continue to celebrate his 8 months sobriety :) I'm so glad the dr gave him good news today!
God bless.

Sherry said...

This was great news!!

Syd said...

I'm glad for Keven--so it appears that what he has is bipolar and that can be treated. I think that we all sometimes have illusions!

Annette said...

I'm glad Keven got that good news today. I know in my job due to various medications, I have seen many clients hallucinate or be delusional....whatever you want to call it. It was a side effect of the meds though. No mental illness whatsoever. I am glad that Keven is seeing that his life's future may not be as dire as he was thinking it could be. What hope that must have filled him with! Most mental illness is manageable with meds. Its finding the right combination's that can take awhile. You and Keven are in my God box... keep taking it one day at a time my friend.

beachteacher said...

I just had a good feeling about this.... am SOOO glad to hear this news ! Hang in there,...I know it's still not easy for Keven,...but this is wonderful news !
Lori

Barbara said...

Thank you each and every one.

SilverNeurotic said...

That's such good news!

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

Oh sweetie, I am so relieved at this news as I am sure both you and Keven are. We do tend to think the worst or borrow trouble. I am keeping you both in my nightly prayers and hoping you and K have a great night's sleep.

LisaC said...

Excellent news; and I'm happy that you can move back to the positive place in your life.

justLacey said...

Wow that is a relief and hopefully will be treatable. Keven's brain chemistry is probably fragile at best right now between the past drug use and the present prescription meds. Hopefully it will smooth out in time and settle down. I had a very bad experience with a drug in my early 20's. It pretty much turned me off to trug use for good, but the effects of it scared me so badly that whenever I thought about the experience for years after, I broke out in a cold sweat.

Kathy M. said...

I'm so relieved for you, Barbara. It's hard not to expect the worst. Love and hugs.

justLacey said...

Did you watch the program last night on Discovery Health about the little girl with schizophrenia? She is the youngest person ever diagnosed. What an incredible but sad story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...