June 3, 2010

Calm but Tired

I am soooooo tired today.  Worked from home and was on the phone most of the morning...non-stop.  I think that wears me out.  In the midst of the work related calls I also talked to Anthony twice, his grandmother three times and his girlfriend twice.

All the latest:

I sent money via Western Union to pay off Ant's debt to two dudes he owes.  His grandma paid the money, she finally decided that even if he was lying about getting beat up if he did not pay back, it was worth her own peace of mind to send the money he owed.

Anthony was relieved but is obviously concerned about what is going on out here with his girlfriend.

"Kelly" is considering a 6 month in patient treatment.  I asked her to please, please do it.  We'll see if she does.

Kev seems to be having a good day (knock on wood!)  He is going to go to a therapist I visited once to see if he likes her.  I am not sure if it will be a good fit but its a place to start.

Catching up on all your blogs....sometimes it amazes me what we all endure!  All those who miss having a boring simple life raise their hands.

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

10 comments:

CC (Mumsicles) said...

Hi Barb, A boring life? Sounds dreamy.

Thanks for your note last week about also being awake at 3am. Fortunately, I only had a couple of those and now I am sleeping through again.

I have you and many other online friends to thank; I cannot believe how much this community, conversations, journal entries are helping me. I never would have imagined I would find more peace by sharing this nightmare with others. But I have.

I am in Pacific Standard Time zone. Next time I'm up at night, I just might log in and see if you're there. I hope I don't find you :)

Her Big Sad said...

*raises both hands and her feet, waving them madly*

Now I faintly resemble a large bug lying on its back... but yes, I miss boring and simple. :)

....although I am proud to say I'm getting closer to that these days and I LOVE IT! Hugs and prayers!! :)

Syd said...

I have more and more days that are boring and simple and it is wonderful.

Bristolvol said...

If you have kids, you might as well kiss boring and simple good bye, especially if the kids are addicts. They can wear you out if you let them.

Heather's Mom said...

It is so good to hear K is having a good day! That's music to my ears :)
You are so awesome how supportive you are to A & his girlfriend. Praise God they have you... and you know... I am thankful K is cool with it and not jealous of the time you spend for A.
Love & hugs!

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

Oh Oh, me, over here on the ladder with both my hands up in the air!! Glad K is having a good day and hope your day got better as well.

Michael said...

It is no wonder you are exhausted with the emotional roller coster you are on. Remember today is Friday and there is a CR meeting near you, please go.

parentofanaddictcdcb said...

See my hand? Actually make it both hands, waving away!
Boring would be so sweet :)
Glad to hear that Keven was having a good day, hope that it continued.
Get some sleep!
Carolyn

Kristi (Jake's Mom) said...

Hearing that Kevin is having a good day brings a smile to my face!! I wish I had a penny for everytime I've mentioned that I'd just like a day of "nothing", nothing to do, no where to be, just nothing!! Although, sometimes I take little trips in my mind...it's as close as I'm going to get to a beach for a while I'm afraid! Have a wonderful day Barbara!! I'm praying for you and for Kevin!

A Mom's Serious Blunder said...

RAISING HAND! ME! ME! ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...