June 17, 2010

tell tale signs...

Sometimes I forget that just because he appears to be in a good mood, it doesn't mean he'd doing well.  Tonight he told me he was having a really hard time and had been "manic" all day.  He said he needed a meeting and asked to borrow my car because he had a feeling if he got in his car something bad would happen (this is a common paranoia).

I gave him my keys.

Then...he went into the garage.  THAT is a bad sign.  Whenever he goes out in the garage I get nervous.  I followed him out there and asked what he was doing.  He said looking for a shirt.  I asked him if he was going to use he promised he wasn't.  Well, we all know that promises are nothing.

His girlfriend was on the computer looking up meetings.  Maybe they really are going to a meeting.  Last Thursday night, he used.  Last Thursday night he borrowed my car.  Last Thursday night he went in the garage.

I'll let  you know tomorrow.  If he does use, something drastic has to happen.  Once was a relapse, twice was a huge red flag and three times will mean he needs to get back in rehab.

I am watching a film on the life of John Lennon and crying - I will never forget Dec. 8, 1980.  

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Tab, so true. The film is called "Imagine" and has a lot of great clips of John and interviews etc. They also interviewed Cynthia, Julian, Yoko and Sean after his death. Seeing Julian and Sean was sad. He'd just started rebuilding his relationship with Julian, and Sean was just a little guy. I had a very personal and eerie experience while hearing the news of his death. I've written about him a lot on my music blog, obviously I'm a huge fan:

http://laylasclassicrock.blogspot.com/search/label/John%20Lennon

Em said...

I'm sorry Barbara, I'm praying for y'all.

Kristin said...

I hope Keven went to a meeting and didn't repeat the recent Thursday routine. If he is manic and the psych drugs aren't curbing it, he is probably frantic to calm his brain down.
I am sorry, Barbara. I know how much you want peace for Keven AND for yourself.
Let us know,
xx kris

Syd said...

I am sorry Barbara. I don't believe that I would let him use the car. Maybe breaking the pattern would help--like no car.

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

I LOVE Lennon also. Hey, have you read the book "Loving John"? It is all about his lost summer, great book and a must read for a Lennon fan, good distraction too. I feel for you and know you must be just emotionally exhausted. For me, I got so tired I HAD to let go, I just couldn't handle it anymore. I hope Keven keeps moving forward and the doctors find the right meds for him. Do they have a recovery center for specifically Dual Diagnosis patients in the area? I am hugging you right now (I look stupid doing it all alone here too).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...