June 7, 2010

Kelly Update

I wasn't going to write today, I want to spend my time on-line getting caught up with each of you.  Even if I don't comment, I am reading!  I'm just super tired today.

Yet, I am writing because Keven just told me the latest.  Keep in mind that Kelly's parents have kept her with them for days without letting her out of site.  The goal was to keep her clean until her court date (tomorrow) then ask the court to put her in rehab.

Last night they left her alone to attend a very important event in her younger brother's life (I feel sorry for the siblings of addicts).  She somehow convinced her parents that there was an NA meeting at the local church and had them drop her off there, so they felt that she would be okay for a few hours.

Sigh.  Long story short - she called Keven in hysterics cause she used with a girl and the girl passed out and she was alone and afraid.  Keven was at an NA meeting but left to pick her up, then brought her back to the meeting with him and about ten people talked with her.  From there he brought her home to her parents.

It never ends does it?  She was not dope sick, she just wanted to get high and the second the opportunity presented itself, she did.  This is not shocking this is normal addict behavior, but its still baffles my mind.

I'll call her mom later to see what's going on.

Does it ever stop hurting to see these young people ruining their lives?

Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

3 comments:

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

No, I don't think it ever stops hurting, maybe just a bit less when we truly take care of ourselves. I am glad Keven took care of himself last night, so glad. I hope Kelly gets the help she needs and is ready to receive it and work towards recovery. Bless you for having such a loving and warm soul.

Syd said...

Keven did right by taking her to an NA meeting where they could help her. One addict talking to another--I hope it works for her.

parentofanaddictcdcb said...

It never, ever, ever stops hurting.
Carolyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...