June 18, 2010

Interesting Development....

In my last post I wasn't sure what to do about my concern that Keven was out using last night and did not come home or call.  I decided not to do anything and as it turns out - the incident took care of itself.

His PO showed up here this morning because she got a call from the Sheriff's Dept. saying Keven was not home last night.  How the heck they know that - I have no idea - but they knew.  His car was out front and he was in my car, but maybe they think my car belongs to him and alerted her that the car was not home.  But that doesn't make sense...you can't assume the person is not home just because the car is not in front of the house.

Anyhow, he admitted to her that he was not home, he was at his girlfriend's two streets away.  She said he might have to spend the night in jail for violating a term of his probation.  We'll see what happens.

The good news is, he did not use.  At least I assume he didn't because she probably would have noticed by looking at him.

So that's the latest.

I want to be done with all this and have a simple life again!


Peace, Hope and Love, Barbara

9 comments:

Bristolvol said...

Well, good deal. Glad he did not use. But why did he not come home? It's funny how shit always flows down hill :)

Syd said...

I am glad that they know he wasn't home. Maybe they will scare him into not violating his parole.

Her Big Sad said...

Maybe he borrowed your car because he was planning not to come home, but if any cop drove by, it would have appeared that he was there? I wonder if he had police contact in some fashion (as simple as being in a friend's car who got a speeding ticket) and when they ran names, his popped up and his officer was notified routinely?

I don't want to rain on any parades, but I would not assume he did not use. I wish she had demanded a test on the spot. Is she aware that he has used recently?

A simple life seems unattainable sometimes, doesn't it. It is, I guess, until we do the hard work of recovery for ourselves and take back what is rightfully ours: our lives, to live as simply and drama-free as we prefer. Easy to say. HARD TO DO.

Again, hugs (BIG ONES!) and prayers! I hope the rest of your weekend, you can just breathe deeply, enjoy a cool drink in the backyard, and recharge!!

Addiction--Mom trying to Detach with Love said...

HBS above really gave a great comment. I only have peace when I focus on my own issues, my stuff and not Z's. I know it is much harder done than said for sure. I also believe that Keven having mental illness makes it more challenging to let go. I really hope you have an awesome weekend and start finding peace in spite of what is going on with those you love so dearly. (((HUGS)))

A Mom's Serious Blunder said...

Don't assume anything. In case you didn't get the memo addicts are the stupidest f*ing people on earth just ask Ron because he knows...and that is all I am going to say,

A Mom's Serious Blunder said...

I am sorry...I am just in a very bad and sad mood. I hope I did not offend you. I am just so sick of ALL OF THEM. Someone please pray because I am out of steam at the moment.

LceeL said...

Does he not know what all this is doing to you? And what does he have to go through before he's ready to stay clean? Or more importantly, what is he going to put you through before he's ready to be clean?

Barbara said...

Lceel, at some level he knows. I don't think he can grasp the depths of it until he's a parent himself. I think if he could he would stop, be done with it and get on with life. But if it were than easy very few people would choose to remain active users. His other problems, the mental illness, is also beyond his control and that's what drives everything in his life at this point.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

wow...sorry to read this development, but could it be his final wake up call? I hope so

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...